Sign in to follow this  
Overload

Interacting with the openxr toolkit

I've installed the toolkit, when I'm in VR (using a Varjo Aero headset) a prompt pops up to press CTL+F2 to bring up the toolkit, I preposition my fingers to be ready before VR mode.

The menu pops up, with 11 secs to do something before it exits - but the mouse in the VR cockpit can't interact with it. It gives some keystrokes that should move the cursor, but they don't seem to work, and I really need to take the headset off to use the keyboard.

If I leave it in VR and take the headset off, I can see the openxr menus on the Aero base software window, on a second screen, but the mouse is trapped within the VR screens, and navigating via the suggested key commands doesn't seem to work, I'm at a loss how to adjust any of the settings?

Eugene

You use the same control and function keys that you used to open it.  Ctrl+F2 moves the cursor down, I can't remember the rest offhand.  The menu will close 8 seconds (I think) after the last key press.

I haven't messed with it to much yet but in the settings you can increase the time, helps a lot.

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

I may misunderstand issue, the instructions to use program is on the open screen with head set on, no need to remove headset.  Been using for several weeks with no issue. Good luck.

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Thanks Guys.

Getting to grips with it now, watched some "Pie in the sky" Youtube tutorials, very useful.

My keyboard is to my side, and I find using it while wearing the headset a bit tricky - but I'm getting used to it - increasing the default timeout helped a lot.

Eugene

• Upvote 1

All this (and more!) is explained in the official OpenXR Toolkit online documentation:

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/

You might want to read the various topics over there in order to get accustomed to all these details and make it a better experience!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 3/12/2022 at 12:45 AM, Overload said:

It gives some keystrokes that should move the cursor, but they don't seem to work

Had similar issues and the default 8 secs or so goes awfully quick for new users...

Couldn't get (SHIFT F2) to move the cursor up or (F2) to move it down etc ...as the seconds approached zero...and started changing all sorts of things I didn't want changed. Finally  noticed that the far right of the same line states   CTRL+  needs to be pressed WITH  the above bracketed options. Could then quickly move to "Menu" page and set the timeout to the longer 60 seconds so I can now at least breathe while getting familiar with this tool 🙂

Edited by ciae985
  • Like 1