Sign in to follow this  
kingie

Voices don't work half of the time

I have bought two cereproc voices yet P2A just uses whatever voice it feels like using. See my settings below.

Yet after switching to a couple of different ATC frequencies it uses a voice that is NOT in the random voice list. First it works fine yet after switching to a couple of different ATC frequencies it uses a voice that is NOT in the random voice list.

Have I now spent money on voices that won't work reliably either or am I doing something wrong @Dave-Pilot2ATC

spacer.png

Edited by kingie

P2A cannot create voices.

Do you have other SAPI 5 Desktop voices installed that are not on the Random Voices list?

If an error occurs while loading a voice, P2A does ask Windows for a "generic" male or female voice, which would usually pick David or Zira, but might be picking one that you have installed but is not on the list.

Dave

Update: I enabled the "Display random voice assignments" and apparently it has assigned one of the new voices yet it plays a different voice. See image below. How do I find out why it displays a different voice?

spacer.png

It displays the voice it wants to play.  If it can't load it, it uses the generic Windows voice and logs an error in the Log file.

If it's not playing the CereProc voices, then it could be a problem with the voice or the voice installation.  You may need to contact CereProc, but I know some other users have had to "downgrade" to older, more stable versions of CereProc voices to get them to work.

Dave

When I "test" the voices I can hear all of them just fine. So the voices do work. And at the start of the flight P2A did use those voices for the different ATC frequencies. After a while it just stopped using them and using a default fallback voice.

Where are the logfiles? Where is the application configuration saved so I can remove P2A and do a "fresh" installation with a "fresh" configuration.

CereProc voices don't like to be loaded and unloaded, which has been a problem for several years.  It seems everytime they update their voices, they leave out whatever changes they made to make that work.

You should contact CereProc support.  They should be familiar with this problem.

Okay. I'll try that. But could you point me to the logfiles and application configuration files as well so I can do a "clean install" of Pilot2ATC?

Thanks!

Voice Load Error.  Attempt to use voice ZiraPro failed.  Please set the Center voice to a different one.
System.ArgumentException: Cannot set voice. No matching voice is installed or the voice was disabled.
   at System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer.SelectVoice(String name)
   at P2A2021.modTTSGlobal.PlayATCPhrase(String Phrase, Boolean Publish, Boolean PlayBkgnd, String SugResp, EventHandler`1 SpeakCompleteEventHandler)

Voice Load Error.  Attempt to use voice CereVoice Jack failed.  Please set the Center voice to a different one.
System.ArgumentException: Cannot set voice. No matching voice is installed or the voice was disabled.
   at System.Speech.Synthesis.SpeechSynthesizer.SelectVoice(String name)
   at P2A2021.modTTSGlobal.PlayATCPhrase(String Phrase, Boolean Publish, Boolean PlayBkgnd, String SugResp, EventHandler`1 SpeakCompleteEventHandler)

I found the errors when trying to play the voices that don't work.

What? No answer from the dev on this? 😲

This problem with (Polly) TTS voices not working is a reason for me not to purchase P2ATC.

Edited by MaVe64

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

My voices are loading and begin to play the first few words, then stop. If I have the copilot making radio calls, he cuts them off after those first few words, then the controller does the same and repeat until the end. I'm using Polly voices as well as default, set to random. 

The same situation here, since the last beta version, I notice that the voices do strange things. I have Polly's voices assigned to each frequency (not random)

Amazon Polly for Windows is supposed to provide standard Windows SAPI 5 voices for Windows applications like P2A.  Unfortunately, many users are having mixed results with these voices, likely due to delays in initial downloads, etc.  

I've personally had pretty good results with Polly Voices, but when they, or any other voice, fails to load, P2A uses a "default" voice from Windows so the interaction can complete.  Most users report that once the Polly voices start working, they work quite well.  The only problem for them is getting them to download and start working initially.

The issue of the controller or co-pilot not finishing a phrase is not related to the voice being used.  In fact, the one log file I've seen with this reported problem shows no problems in the program.  This is happening because something is cutting off the Windows TTS engine in mid-sentence.

This behavior can happen randomly, but should be fairly rare.  Usually it is a symptom of running out of resources like available memory, but it can also happen for no apparent reason.

Dave