Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

P3Dv5.3 stars too bright!

I do not recall v4.5’s night sky looking so ugly but in v5.3 my night sky is filled with these unrealistic white dots that I guess is suppose to mimick a star filled sky but it looks sooooo baaaaad. To the point I hate flying at night. Can anyone tell me how I can at least dim the stars or a way I can delete them all together? 

search visuals by pascal.  within that free download is a very easy to install mod to eliminate them.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

38 minutes ago, micstatic said:

search visuals by pascal.  within that free download is a very easy to install mod to eliminate them.  

Thanks! 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, micstatic said:

Interested to try this. I searched the avsim library but couldn't find it. Seems to only be available from facbook? If anyone has alternative link would be appreciated.

I searched the avsim library

You need to do an internet search.

However contrary to what micstatic says, you need to be quite an expert to even know what to do. You end up in dropbox with no instructions that I can see.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

6 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I searched the avsim library

You need to do an internet search.

However contrary to what micstatic says, you need to be quite an expert to even know what to do. You end up in dropbox with no instructions that I can see.

When I downloaded the file it came with a very detailed set of instructions.  Did you try browsing the file?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

27 minutes ago, micstatic said:

When I downloaded the file it came with a very detailed set of instructions.  Did you try browsing the file?

It wouldn't open. I went back just now and saw it is a rar file. I download a rar opener but although it opens and I can see the files, it wants a password and there are no signs of a help file.

I think I am just unlucky, I always run into problems downloading and installing anything free into P3D.😢

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

21 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

It wouldn't open. I went back just now and saw it is a rar file. I download a rar opener but although it opens and I can see the files, it wants a password and there are no signs of a help file.

I think I am just unlucky, I always run into problems downloading and installing anything free into P3D.😢

Just try and close the password box and process to extract your file. It should work 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Just try and close the password box and process to extract your file. It should work 

Nope. It says incorrect password.

I won't bother. I don't fly at night in VFR, so it really doesn't bother me.

Thanks for trying to help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Nope. It says incorrect password.

I won't bother. I don't fly at night in VFR, so it really doesn't bother me.

Thanks for trying to help.

I pm'd you the password

13 minutes ago, kand said:

I pm'd you the password

Yes, thanks I got it earlier.

I find the star mod package done by Flight Sim Jewels (freeware) does the job a lot easier. You get the choice of various brightness levels and colouration, a modified star.dat file plus moon and aurora changes as well. I have my doubts about the Pascal approach which is pre EA and True Sky and works on changing the shaders and skies does not seem to do it with EA and P3D but then others tastes with skies etc is quite subjective.