Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

A boy's best friend!

I watch this thinking the furry friend would jump in and grab the ball, but this happened...

• Like 1

wonder how  long it  took  to train the dog to do  that

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yeah, obviously the dog was trained to do that. It wasn't a spontaneous act by the dog. 

17 hours ago, martin-w said:

Yeah, obviously the dog was trained to do that. It wasn't a spontaneous act by the dog. 

A cat  would  have  done  that with out  any  training 🙂   cat point ?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

😲 Very perceptive and knowledgeable of the superiority of the feline super being. I'm impressed.

Have a cat point. A special award reserved for only those with the intellect to understand all that is feline.

Well done sir.

SPECIAL Cat Point. 😺

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Now the awards ceremony is done, and joking aside, It is actually incredible how a cat will defend its family members. There's a video on YouTube (age restricted so I cant link to it)  where a poor child is viscously attacked by a dog. The cat didn't just intercept the attacker and save the child but raced after the dog to chase him away. No fear for its own safety, no way was that cat going to be anything other than victorious.

Search for "cat defends child" and it should appear at the top. 

Interestingly, if my cat thinks I'm in danger, he runs toward me and the source of danger, presumably to assist. My daughters hairdryer wasn't working, so there was me, fiddling with the cable while it was plugged in and switched on. There was a huge flash as it arced out and I yelped. My cat, who was nearby, didn't run away from the source of danger but ran straight over toward me and the source of danger. I interpret this as an instinctive response to defend me. 

Edited by martin-w

10 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Now the awards ceremony is done, and joking aside, It is actually incredible how a cat will defend its family members. There's a video on YouTube (age restricted so I cant link to it)  where a poor child is viscously attacked by a dog.

yep  seen  that  one  and  a few  more, my  cat  wouldn't care less  if  i was  lol

• Like 1

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

my  cat  wouldn't care less  if  i was  lol

😁 Things will change now you have a special cat point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, martin-w said:

It is actually incredible how a cat will defend its family members

Yes, cats can display a sense of loyalty/justice. We used to have a cat, Ollie, who was very gentle, never scratched or bit another cat or person.  But any hint of trouble, he would rush and place himself into the middle of it.  If it was a dispute between cats, he would place himself between them and roll around the floor on his back, which would de-escalate the situation.

My favorite example was about four months ago.  My wife and I were in the kitchen along with Tigger, our youngest but largest cat, who sat in front of the refrigerator and observed us.  My wife got mad at me about something I can't even remember, but it had to have been about something trivial. Maybe I put the can opener in the wrong drawer (we all have our quirks, I'm definitely not perfect, but my wife has a tendency to channel her inner Barney Fife, stuff has to be done a certain way or else).  I didn't want to escalate or continue discussing it, as it was simply not worth the stress.  So she was in a huff about it, and began to leave the kitchen.  As she passed Tigger, he jumped up and bit her on her calf, causing her to scream.  I instantly bit my lip to keep me from laughing, as that would have made her even more furious.  After she was out of hearing range, I said "All right Tigger, my buddy, you got my back!"  Tigger rendered his verdict on the whole situation by showing my wife the "red card", or more precisely, the red marks on her calf.

• Upvote 1

Actually Mike, I experienced something a bit similar. Some years ago, we had four cats. I had just finished painting the frame of a cat flap through the wall of a newly built kitchen extension. One of our cats was about to crawl through. I shouted at the cat to deter him from doing so. The instant I did that, Jasper, one of our other cats, dived over and attacked him.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret that behaviour. I guess he was helping me discipline the naughty cat. 

• Like 1