Sign in to follow this  
AndyCYXU

What can it do ?

I was considering this product to have a co-pilot help me out in flights.

Aside from chceklist can this program make

1. FO tune COM to frequency I tell him to..

2. FO set autopilot heading,speed vertical speed etc...

3. Flip some switches, strobe lights , landing lights ... 

4. How do checklists work do I have to know the sequence or is there some help as far as flow.

5. There are some videos on YouTube but honestly they don't seem much like tutorial. More like it shows the program works .. but the voices are pretty bad.. can better voices be added ... I mean one German accent is like flying with terminator and not have n a pleasant way 

6. How would this software compare to FS2Crew

Thanks 

Edited by AndyCYXU

can better voices be added go grab cereproc voice add that

this is the best out there it does all of the above

4 hours ago, AndyCYXU said:

I was considering this product to have a co-pilot help me out in flights.

Without knowing whether you're "flying" a B748 or C150, it is difficult to answer.

MCE is extremely customisable to suit ......

That's why I've always used it.

But obviously, if it's GA you fly, buy some good hardware.

for now, cheers

john martin

6 hours ago, vadriver said:

Without knowing whether you're "flying" a B748 or C150, it is difficult to answer.

MSFS,  FBW A320, Captain Sim 777, CRJ all variants,  and yes GA like C172, E110 and many others I did not list what I fly because website specifies what aircraft are supported. But nowhere does it say what it can do!

MCE is extremely customisable to suit ......

If there were only some videos on youtube and some reviews of it it I would not be asking here.

But obviously, if it's GA you fly, buy some good hardware.

What does hardware have to do with anything FO related ? I fly in VR so on vatsim sometimes it get too busy and I want to tell FO to set heading/altitude set radio etc...

I want to know if I tell FO:

Set Com Radio to 122.8... will he do it?

Set heading 240... will he do it?

Like I said there are just videos made by only one guy about MCE and they don't really explain anything, they just show that it works. In contrast there are videos about FS2Crew that exactly show how it is done and explain it, but wiht FS2Crew I do not like the big window that pretty much always has to be open to help you with next step.

Edited by AndyCYXU

I want to know if I tell FO:  ..........................yes he will

Set Com Radio to 122.8... will he do it?       yes

Set heading 240... will he do it?                 yes he will

set flaps

set transponder

turn auto pilot on

You name it fo will do it

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:20 AM, AndyCYXU said:

What does hardware have to do with anything FO related ?

Nothing, but (because) GA "flying" is not usually "simulated" with an FO in mind & more often than not use is enhanced by hardware such as radio stacks etc. Obviously, in VR that becomes quirky.

MCE is about FO (PNF) functions & procedures in supported prop & jet types. Download the demo & read the docs to get a better feel for commands, voicescripts/flows, checklists, voxkey etc. 

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

Nothing, but (because) GA "flying" is not usually "simulated" with an FO in mind & more often than not use is enhanced by hardware such as radio stacks etc. Obviously, in VR that becomes quirky.

MCE is about FO (PNF) functions & procedures in supported prop & jet types. Download the demo & read the docs to get a better feel for commands, voicescripts/flows, checklists, voxkey etc. 

yes i requested for the demo since it is only 3 days i get it installed on weekend, thx

On 3/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, AndyCYXU said:

MSFS,  FBW A320, Captain Sim 777, CRJ all variants,  and yes GA like C172, E110 and many others I did not list what I fly because website specifies what aircraft are supported. But nowhere does it say what it can do!

If there were only some videos on youtube and some reviews of it it I would not be asking here.

What does hardware have to do with anything FO related ? I fly in VR so on vatsim sometimes it get too busy and I want to tell FO to set heading/altitude set radio etc...

I want to know if I tell FO:

Set Com Radio to 122.8... will he do it?

Set heading 240... will he do it?

Like I said there are just videos made by only one guy about MCE and they don't really explain anything, they just show that it works. In contrast there are videos about FS2Crew that exactly show how it is done and explain it, but wiht FS2Crew I do not like the big window that pretty much always has to be open to help you with next step.

In MSFS its a different game!

Yes MCE FO can dial HDG.

Course.

Altitude.

Speed.

In P3d FSX you can ask Fo to dial ANYTHING!!!

In MSFS FO, we are limited....FO cant dial Radios for VOR freqs.

MCE cant dial coms  radio freqs.

P2ATC can dial radio freqs but MCE can not.

Its a limitation of MSFS, MCE can do ANYTHING in P3d/FSX!

In MSFS its not same as P3d/FSX!

I hope i am not the "GUY" who doesnt explain anything? Over the last 10 years Ive hundreds of videos up on U Tube. 

I will take exception to that if you are referring to myself! 😞

😉

4 hours ago, charlie130 said:

In MSFS its a different game!

Yes MCE FO can dial HDG.

Course.

Altitude.

Speed.

In P3d FSX you can ask Fo to dial ANYTHING!!!

In MSFS FO, we are limited....FO cant dial Radios for VOR freqs.

MCE cant dial coms  radio freqs.

P2ATC can dial radio freqs but MCE can not.

Its a limitation of MSFS, MCE can do ANYTHING in P3d/FSX!

In MSFS its not same as P3d/FSX!

I hope i am not the "GUY" who doesnt explain anything? Over the last 10 years Ive hundreds of videos up on U Tube. 

I will take exception to that if you are referring to myself! 😞

😉

Maybe I went little too harsh.. I don't mean your videos are bad.. from the ones i did watch i find them more of a video ..

"look it works" then "how it works" not much  of a review video more like a showcase video,,

yeah you explain a bit but just not quite like what i see by others. hey don't feel bad, beauty in the eye of a beholder i am certain that there are many people who think my videos are trash and i am ok with that lol... oh BTW i did not say your videos are trash just that again more of a showcase vide other then instructional/product review video.

for example you could say... here are some things that copilot can do.. then tell him to do .. this and this and that and show... look he flips the switches; he is adjusting altimeter/ autopilot altitude; heading look.. now i tell him to set flaps and he does it... and so on... not as a part of the flight but as a review of its capabilities, park at the gate and have him do stuff.. ok, some things cannot be done at gate like raise gear, but he should for set up AP altitude, move flaps, turn on various light.. anyhow.........

Sadly the demo doesn't work for me devs pretty much don't care so yeah whatever I can't try it, but if as you say in MSFS majority does not work then this is not for me.

I can set up voice attack to do many things for me like drop flaps, gear, use pretty much any key that is defined in MSFS key binds.. cannot ask it to set Altitude to 15000 but if I am at 11000 I can ask it to increase altitude by 4000 and it will be the same. Could probably use the same to make it set up radios.. and yea I actually have totally working checklist with responses just that it will not check the validity.. say it ask me if gear is up if i say it is it will say ok regardless of gear position.

Anyways point was that I was hoping for something much better then Voice attack.. and it does not seem to be it.. well not for $100 anyways if demo worked then i could evaluate but like this not gonna go for it not for that much money, cat in a bag for me.

I would even consider the $100 because it seems creating cheklist etc would be so much easier nut then the voices just hurt my ears, I had P2Atc set it up very well maybe that could be too.. again from what i heard so far .. nah  i will pass.

16 hours ago, AndyCYXU said:

Maybe I went little too harsh.. I don't mean your videos are bad.. from the ones i did watch i find them more of a video ..

"look it works" then "how it works" not much  of a review video more like a showcase video,,

yeah you explain a bit but just not quite like what i see by others. hey don't feel bad, beauty in the eye of a beholder i am certain that there are many people who think my videos are trash and i am ok with that lol... oh BTW i did not say your videos are trash just that again more of a showcase vide other then instructional/product review video.

for example you could say... here are some things that copilot can do.. then tell him to do .. this and this and that and show... look he flips the switches; he is adjusting altimeter/ autopilot altitude; heading look.. now i tell him to set flaps and he does it... and so on... not as a part of the flight but as a review of its capabilities, park at the gate and have him do stuff.. ok, some things cannot be done at gate like raise gear, but he should for set up AP altitude, move flaps, turn on various light.. anyhow.........

Sadly the demo doesn't work for me devs pretty much don't care so yeah whatever I can't try it, but if as you say in MSFS majority does not work then this is not for me.

I can set up voice attack to do many things for me like drop flaps, gear, use pretty much any key that is defined in MSFS key binds.. cannot ask it to set Altitude to 15000 but if I am at 11000 I can ask it to increase altitude by 4000 and it will be the same. Could probably use the same to make it set up radios.. and yea I actually have totally working checklist with responses just that it will not check the validity.. say it ask me if gear is up if i say it is it will say ok regardless of gear position.

Anyways point was that I was hoping for something much better then Voice attack.. and it does not seem to be it.. well not for $100 anyways if demo worked then i could evaluate but like this not gonna go for it not for that much money, cat in a bag for me.

I would even consider the $100 because it seems creating cheklist etc would be so much easier nut then the voices just hurt my ears, I had P2Atc set it up very well maybe that could be too.. again from what i heard so far .. nah  i will pass.

Andy,

You do realize you are coming to an official forum to talk about a competing product for the last 6 days.

Try mentioning MCE in any good way and see how long the thread lasts on your Guru's forum.

You maliciously quote a price tag of $ 100, forgetting to mention they are Canadian dollars (more like 70 US$), and conveniently quote Fs2crew price as $ 25 per plane when it should be more like 35 or 40 Canadian dollars.

You are totally missing the point.

I hate to break this to you, We do not currently have a serious competitor.

Fs2Crew is essentially a "button product", on which voice was grafted as an after thought. At minute M1 in the timer based adventure, either press the button or speak this exact sentence and nothing else as FO cannot get in synch if you try to be too clever and ask him to do something else.

Try to have a Demo with such rigid product and see how many would want to go through the Pavlov dog experiment. So yes, you need a step by step guide otherwise you won't even know what the FO is expeting you to say

It's much easier to simply not have a Demo at all, only release very short teaser videos suggesting you're going to hire a real world co-pilot only to find out later how dumb he is. Very little situational awareness. You basically need to set him into a mode so he can realize you are taking off or landing.

In contrast, MCE is a fully interactive crew simulation, built from scratch for voice control, with no assumption as to what you want the FO to help you with. You can start the flight in any state, ask co-pilot to do what you want, when you want and even using natural speech (custom sentences) if you can't be bothered to remember the trigger phrases for various flows. Real world pilots can assign their own airline checklist and use the flows they are familiar with.

This is why the forum is so quiet. We don't have silly daily requests like "can I have an option to decide whether I switch fasten seat belt on or let FO do it). MCE lets you decide who does what and for every switch

If you think there are objective, reviews these days, dream on (they are the exception). It's all about cash now.

You can buy Youtube and Facebook likes by the thousands, pay friends to endorse your product.

If you need to be "influenced", then perhaps you cannot make your own decisions. Easier to follow the herd.

You're just trying to discredit the product because Bryan is raging at the fact we will be supporting all the planes worth interfacing in MSFS via free updates when he needs to generate cash to pay for the risky approach he's taking.

Remember this, when you need someone to hype you up, he could eventually talk you down say because you're not paying him enough or not happy because you switched to another Youtuber who is in fashion right now.

It is for this reason that we decided right from the start (2007) to have a Demo and stick to it.

How on earth could a small team of FsDevs guarantee their software will work across a large hardware base? Microsoft or Adobe can. And even Asobo released MSFS as a Demo.

When you don't have one and someone mentions CTD and wants his money back, do you bribe him, or shut him off your forum.

Sorry the Demo didn't work out for you, but to suggest VoiceAttack does the job better is a step too far ( and you seemingly don't mind the robotic Windows TTS voices VoiceAttack uses) when it suits you.

Unlike your Guru who deletes unfavorable posts on his forum in a heartbeat (so he can build the perfect image), we never, ever had to delete a single post, let alone a thread. Therefore, will let you fish for as many customers as you want. The MCE guys are a smart bunch and know where the balance of power is. We don't own them, nor seek to frog march them to the till every time we add a new feature.

Enjoy your time on this thread. 😀

The caravan passes and the dogs bark

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FS++ said:

We do not currently have a serious competitor.

Gerald

MCE has never had a serious competitor if I recall correctly.

& for me, the  standouts are using TTS of the same co-pilot in the mix with P2A or VoxATC & MCE's customisation features using Voicescripts / Voxkey etc including MCE's integration with the more complex .... the T7's ECL's come to mind.

for now, cheers

john martin

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

It is for this reason that we decided right from the start (2007) to have a Demo and stick to it.

You do not have a Demo ! All I see here are post about Demo not working for anyone, and voice attack does not sound as robotic as what i see on the videos.. sorry to hurt your feeling but i am not here to fish for customers 

FS2Crew is 20 Euro that is $27 Cad your product i now see it 60 Euro I though it was in British pounds so that is 84 Cad

and don't be ridiculous that I am trying to pouch customers I am trying to find out about something before i pay $84 Canadian for it. 

I just recently bought EFB software on Aeorsoft for like $35 or something and it turned out to be not what i hoped for ended up getting a lot more expensive Navigraph. Sick and tired of throwing money out. This is just one example.

And I do not need to be influenced I am not asking for commercial but for a review and show of the software capabilities as you maybe see the first response was:

On 3/24/2022 at 1:12 AM, Burge said:

Set Com Radio to 122.8... will he do it?       yes

Turns out this is NOT TRUE, so @FS++ I have learnt that it CANNOT change frequencies, In my second post I clearly state that I use MSFS with these aircraft then I get another response quoted above that say it does do that where in fact it does not, 

If i buy it then what next will I learn that it cannot press certain buttons on MCP ? So in the essence I will be stuck with an expensive version of voice attack ! It can do more and is already pre programed buy that's about it.

Purpose of a Demo is to try the product not to see if it installs on your computer !

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

You do realize you are coming to an official forum to talk about a competing product for the last 6 days.

What competing product am i talking about???? Voice Attack ? yeah guess what they have DEMO I tried it I liked it I purchased it !!!

The other time I mentioned that FS2Crew has many videos and nice tutorials that explain how to use it but I DO NOT LIKE THE BIG WINDOW maybe read my post instead of thinking i go here promote other products !

Yes I want opinion from maybe some user who used both FS2Crew and MCE to tell me what the difference is.. what are you so afraid of ?

Why don't you look at my post history maybe it will get to you I am not here to get customers for other product I want to opinions and experiences from others to decide to buy this instead. Sorry did not know it was not allowed !

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

conveniently quote Fs2crew price as $ 25 per plane when it should be more like 35 or 40 Canadian dollars.

I think buddy you got it wrong its $20 euro so only $27 CAD as mentioned before not 35 or 40 !! Like I said i saw your price being in British pounds that is why i say over $100 I can admit to my mistake can you !

Edited by AndyCYXU

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

When you don't have one and someone mentions CTD and wants his money back, do you bribe him, or shut him off your forum.

How about I buy a product if I do not like it will you offer me my money back ? I will not use it if I do not like it I 

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

How on earth could a small team of FsDevs guarantee their software will work across a large hardware base? Microsoft or Adobe can. And even Asobo released MSFS as a Demo.

again you DO NOT have a WORKING DEMO, how about i buy your software if i don't like it do you offer money back ?

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

I hate to break this to you, We do not currently have a serious competitor.

You have very small user base from what I see as well ! Tried asking about your software on some FB Groups got 0 replies ! Even here I see the same 2-3 people responding. Videos about the product as I mention only really 1 main person makes any.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:18 PM, AndyCYXU said:

You do not have a Demo ! All I see here are post about Demo not working for anyone

I think I owe you an apology regarding this.

My colleague informed me that apparently changes that were made about 10 days ago to strengthen the protection may have backfired, as he is receiving quite a number of similar issues.

As a result, not only has the protection system been restored to how it was previously, but also to make ggod on those who mised out we are resetting the Demo so everyone can have a go.

You can download the DEMO for MSFS, Prepar3D, FSX from this link

Un-install previous package if you still have it via Windows Control Panel.
Delete <Multi Crew Experience> folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder if still there.

Download, unzip and run "InstallMCE". Although it's possible to install MCE anywhere provided Windows UAC is disabled, it's best to accept default path so you don't have to mess with UAC.

You'll probably have to go through the wizard. However, there is no need for speech training if you already performed that step.

IMPORTANT for MSFS users.

Do NOT start MCE until the aircraft is on the tarmac ready to fly (not while setting up the flight)
You might be able to switch between Asobo planes without needing to restart MCE, but for the complex ones with tons of lVars, your favorite plane needs to be set as the one MSFS loads on startup.

Documentation is accessible via the Windows menu. Start->Multi Crew Experience

If for some reason the forum doesn't let you acces the link, you can request the Demo by e-mailing demo@multicrewxp.com

Please do not dive into VR with it. Run a few sessions to get to know the app first.

The user interface is only required when you need to set your preferences. After that, the less you see it, the better. It won't show in VR. Trigger sentences for pre-made flows can be modified so you won't have to wonder what you need to say.

By default, the pre-made flows are "verbose", meaning FO will comment on everything he does. This is mostly so you can follow what he is doing. You can then decide what you want him to handle, and turn "verbose" option OFF for silent execution, unless like David, you enjoy the chatter

To reduce initial download size, only 3 human recorded co-pilot voice packs are included. You can freely download 7 other co-pilot and mechanics packs from this page

Sorry everyone. Looks like a recent screw-up with the protection system. Unfortunately, not everyone reports this kind of thing immediately, so between those who want it to fail, those who reset the clock or try all sorts of debuggers in an attempt to crack it, it's difficult from a couple of reports to immediately go and modify the protection system.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1