Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Is anyone experiencing massive micro-stutters since WU8?

Ever since I loaded the new SU8 update, I am getting some huge micro-stutters.

Its almost like the game has frozen or crashed, the screen freezes for 3-5 seconds but the game appears to continue as the plane moves whilst the stutter happens.

I dont think my PC is under any stress as I have an i9-900 and 3090 so my FPS is well within limits. After the stutter the game continues as normal but they probably happen every 5-10 minutes with no apparent reason why....

btw I am running nvidia drivers 511.79

Edited by chickster25

17 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

Its almost like the game has frozen or crashed, the screen freezes for 3-5 seconds but the game appears to continue as the plane moves whilst the stutter happens.

I dont think my PC is under any stress as I have an i9-900 and 3090 so my FPS is well within limits. After the stutter the game continues as normal but they probably happen every 5-10 minutes with no apparent reason why....

Latest drivers are 512.15 - try that and see if it helps. I did a flight today and didn't run into any issues. I'm running a 9900k with a 2080ti.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

19 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

There's a thread I started here: 

A work around that works for me is this. Once you are loaded into a flight, go to options>data>Developer mode and turn dev mode on, apply and save and then turn it off and again, apply and save.

Press escape and go back to your flight, hopefully that will cure the stutters.

Downside to it is that the sim doesn't record your achievement or flight hours.

Good luck

Stu

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

10 hours ago, chickster25 said:

……

Your thread title says WU8, but your text says SU8 - which is it?

And to answer your question I have stutters after WU8 or the previous SU8.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I was having more stutters after SU8 but am having less stutters after WU8 (which is possibly down to 512.15) 

Another thing to try is changing your options in Sounds from the driver that is selected as default in Windows control panel, to the 'default' option in MSFS, then back to the driver that Windows shows as default in Control Panel. This has worked for me sometimes.

I'm going to try Bunchy's method if the stutters come back. Normally I don't have them.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.