Sign in to follow this  
C2615

Correction of pushback facing

This happens to me quite few time, when I told my ground crew "Clear for pushback, facing West", he response as: "roger, facing Northeast..."

I couldn't find a way to correct him, only kill all action and wait for tractor connect again and try it again. that takes time and breaks immersion...

It there anyway to just correct him before I release brakes and carry on, or I have to start it all over again?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, C2615 said:

This happens to me quite few time, when I told my ground crew "Clear for pushback, facing West", he response as: "roger, facing Northeast..."

Can you take a screenshot of the pushback routes available?, maybe there is only one pushback available for that parking/gate and you would need to create a new route in the moment. Are you using the automatic pushback or manual pushback (create the route visually)?

Manuel

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

Can you take a screenshot of the pushback routes available?, maybe there is only one pushback available for that parking/gate and you would need to create a new route in the moment. Are you using the automatic pushback or manual pushback (create the route visually)?

Manuel

Auto route, I feel it's only East/West, but UGCX took them as Northeast/Southwest...

That doesn't matter, maybe it's my accent, or the mic distortion or the training set in windows or whatever,. but even in the real world with real ground crew, it's possible to have such communication error, but we could catch it by cross check and correct it. that's why they'll repeat the facing after me in the first place....

It's just I can't find a good way to correct in UGCX other than kill all action and start over again...

1 hour ago, C2615 said:

Auto route, I feel it's only East/West, but UGCX took them as Northeast/Southwest...

That doesn't matter, maybe it's my accent, or the mic distortion or the training set in windows or whatever,. but even in the real world with real ground crew, it's possible to have such communication error, but we could catch it by cross check and correct it. that's why they'll repeat the facing after me in the first place....

It's just I can't find a good way to correct in UGCX other than kill all action and start over again...

It finds the nearest cardinal position available, that's the main issue....between west and east. You would need to first see the pushbacks available then call it according to which they are.

Yes, I understand it's not correct if calling a northeast to become a "roger....west", that's wrong.

Manuel

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

It finds the nearest cardinal position available, that's the main issue....between west and east. You would need to first see the pushbacks available then call it according to which they are.

Yes, I understand it's not correct if calling a northeast to become a "roger....west", that's wrong.

Manuel

That's really not what I'm asking for.... I want know how to make correction after it get it wrong.... it only happens to me occasionally, but kinda annoying.

I even had instance I just call it west when it should be east... but English is not my first language as you see.....

17 hours ago, C2615 said:

That's really not what I'm asking for.... I want know how to make correction after it get it wrong.... it only happens to me occasionally, but kinda annoying.

I even had instance I just call it west when it should be east... but English is not my first language as you see.....

Aaah i see, well at the moment, the program doesn't supports to make a correction, when you say/call the pushback direction. However, what you can do is preview the route live in sim, and see where the aircraft will end up. This way when you call the pushback direction, you will know where the aircraft will end up and this way reducing the situation where you call for a direction which, may not be available or wrong.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

I am having this issue were UGCX will just pick it's own push back route no matter what I say and also it is not responding to the clearance to pressurize the hydraulics sequence.

Sometimes it will pick a route before I have finished speaking.

Any tips? I have done all of the setup as per the guide.

I have only a few issues with the flight crew ones and vox atc is pretty good as well. 

I would suggest engaging Hard Mute in UGCX when not intending to issue voice commands.

Also, confirm you've followed the manuals and you're using the expected phrases.

However, I personally think it's just your mic picking up ambient sound... hence my hard mute idea when you're not deliberately talking.

Hi Bryan,

I have a PTT button set up for the ugcx and have hard mute engaged on the fs2crew when using ugcx.

The other commands I have no issues other than those ones.

I will try and train those commands and see if that helps.

Hello Bryan,

Have done as above, push back is working fine, but I am still having the issue with the pressurize hydraulics voice command.

Is the whole phrase the trigger or is it a certain word?