Sign in to follow this  
airlinetycoon

How can I permanently assign the airline code SHT BAW paint

I tested this at my setup now, and with AIM v.1.1.0.104(beta), it does not overwrite the atc_parking_codes= if you set it within AIM Aircraft section (dropdown menu), and save it from there. I have tried both installing new airlines with same model, and running the "verify setup", and it does not overwrite my own set values.

I did not have the chance to test it myself earlier when I replied, but this was how I solved the NOZ and NSZ codes for Norwegian AOC (Norway and Sweden) a few days ago.

6 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

I tested this at my setup now, and with AIM v.1.1.0.104(beta), it does not overwrite the atc_parking_codes= if you set it within AIM Aircraft section (dropdown menu), and save it from there. I have tried both installing new airlines with same model, and running the "verify setup", and it does not overwrite my own set values.

I did not have the chance to test it myself earlier when I replied, but this was how I solved the NOZ and NSZ codes for Norwegian AOC (Norway and Sweden) a few days ago.

Good to know - will try again. Do you updated any flightplans?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Just now, airlinetycoon said:

Do you updated any flightplans

There were none to update, but I'm quite sure I have done it since adding the parking codes. The only thing is if you update the actual airline itself containing the codes, but then AIG hopefully have the new correct codes anyways

On 4/5/2022 at 7:43 AM, airlinetycoon said:

Ok, thank you. In this case I have to rework my Airport files manually. All BA domestic flights are operated under SHT callsign.

Hi, will you be doing a file to go into the 'regcodes' subfolder of PSXT for EGLL? If so, would you be willing to share it? Thanks.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:45 PM, kiek said:

Normally one would write

atc_parking_codes=BAW,SHT 

in the fltsim.x livery definition.

But if you want to use that AIG Manager that is not an option.

Another approach is possible in 31.0.9-beta, from the Manual 5.1.1:

"Since version 31.0 there is another (off-line) way of adding registration codes to liveries. That method has the advantage that you do not have to edit the [fltsim.x] sections, which is important when using  AIGAIM. Another advantage of that method is that only one person has to specify the registration codes and everybody can use it.
In subfolder regcodes of the data folder, one may put one or more text files (name is not relevant for PSXT) with extension .txt, say for instance AIGAIM.txt

In the file one should specify the (exact) title of the livery followed by a semicolon, followed by a list of registration codes separated by comma’s. For instance:

AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319-100;OY-KBP,OY-KBR,OY-KBT

AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319 - 100 - Retro Livery;OY-KBO

The PSXT wild cards are supported. It is not necessary to place all regcodes for a livery at one line, you may split it up into two or more lines, but always in the fixed format, starting with the title." 

In your case you should write the name of a BAW livery followe by a semicolon and then a list of registration codes.

Hi Can you please tell me where I find the fltsim.xlivery definition files to edit please

Many Thanks

Paul

2 hours ago, paulelee said:

Can you please tell me where I find the fltsim.xlivery definition files to edit please

In the aircraft.cfg file.

For instance

aig-aittraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIGAIM_FAIB_A320-200_IAE\aircraft.cfg

[fltsim.1]
title=AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A320-200
model=BAW-British Airways
texture=BAW-British Airways
atc_airline=SPEED BIRD
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes=BAW,BA5
ui_manufacturer=FAIB
ui_type=Airbus A320-200
ui_variation=British Airways - To Fly To Serve NC
ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby=Provided by: ATCO Filename: faib_a320_baw_fleet2019-1.zip
description=FAIB_A320-200_IAE-IAE(fs20)
isAirTraffic=1
isUserSelectable=0
icao_airline=BAW

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kiek said:

In the aircraft.cfg file.

For instance

aig-aittraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIGAIM_FAIB_A320-200_IAE\aircraft.cfg

[fltsim.1]
title=AIGAIM_British Airways Airbus A320-200
model=BAW-British Airways
texture=BAW-British Airways
atc_airline=SPEED BIRD
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_parking_codes=BAW,BA5
ui_manufacturer=FAIB
ui_type=Airbus A320-200
ui_variation=British Airways - To Fly To Serve NC
ui_typerole=Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby=Provided by: ATCO Filename: faib_a320_baw_fleet2019-1.zip
description=FAIB_A320-200_IAE-IAE(fs20)
isAirTraffic=1
isUserSelectable=0
icao_airline=BAW

Thank you for your reply

OK I have found the files to edit

But am I correct in thinking if I use AI Manager this process of adding SHT to atc parking codes does not work in order to show SHT Callsigns correctly?

Thank you

Paul

I don't use the AI Manager. But i believe the answer was already given in this thread: you are not correct, it will work?

But, just give it a try, i would say.

Edited by kiek