Sign in to follow this  
ADFGVX

Coolsky DC 9

On 4/16/2022 at 9:46 AM, ADFGVX said:

Yes I agree wholeheartedly, the 2D panels indeed look nice, but to clarify: your 3D overhead looks the same as in my picture, because then it has something to do with P3D v5, as I have, like I wrote in a previous post, seen a video where the plane was flown in P3D v4 and the textures were just so much better.

Not completely sure but I was doing a run through a number of online videos about P3DV5.3 settings etc etc. Came across one that said amongst other things that if you had a number of settings selected in the P3D menu that controlled the main video display that one in particular improved the look of VC's made them crisper or clearer - I tried it and I think he is right there and it does seem to work for older textured VC's for some reason - well to my eyes it did. Even if it makes no difference well it will not do any harm. It is not a 100% cure for all stuff but I have to agree it does somehow sharpen stuff up in the VC. Thats the trouble with P3D and high end cards like I have the NVDIA, the visuals (EA etc etc) are actually too good and expose all the not so good textures or modelling joins paints etc of older models. Anyway, So here are the settings in the P3D Display submenu:

FXAA: ON

AA: I set 8xMSAA

Texture Filtering: Anisotropic 16X

Texture Resolution: High 2048x2048

Dynamic Texture Streaming - ticked or selected to be ON.

Try it see what you think otherwise no more ideas.

I just reinstalled this, and it looks pretty good, all things considered. I haven't found any P3D-specific repaints, but there are lots for FSX. Does anyone know if the FSX repaints work in P3D v5?

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Yes the repaints all work. I have had no issues with any older repaint I have installed. The only problems I have are with the Super 80 and Super 80 professional where the paints were packaged so you have to use the old Coolsky paint manager app - I have that program (which was for FSX) and cannot get it to work at all. Fortunately those paints I had an interest in I have managed to get or were already part of the Flight1 package. 

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 1:34 AM, coastaldriver said:

Yes the repaints all work.

Excellent. Thanks!

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)