Sign in to follow this  
Whisper202

My sim still lags/stutter

2 hours ago, CarlosF said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-graphics-settings-and-performance-guide-su5-complete-retest-8-2-2021/132407

This is a good starting point and also make sure you use in-game Vsync, lock it to 30. Post here you nvidia control panel settings.

This suggestion may work well or it may not.  I do get pretty smooth performance with Vsync on in game and fps set to 30. However, I get smoother performance with vsync OFF in game, vsync on in nvcp with fps limited to 33 in nvcp.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

his suggestion may work well or it may not.  I do get pretty smooth performance with Vsync on in game and fps set to 30. However, I get smoother performance with vsync OFF in game, vsync on in nvcp with fps limited to 33 in nvcp.

True, but as my post states, it's a good starting point which can then be tweaked later. I got mine set to 20 in-game with monitor refresh rate @ 120, this gives me 40fps, smooth as silk.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Resolution? Gsync monitor? Don’t believe anyone has asked this yet, and it is a major factor to find out before advising. 

1 hour ago, CarlosF said:

Set this option to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

This can throttle the card if it gets too hot and is actually counterproductive. Best to leave it on normal setting. 

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

This can throttle the card if it gets too hot and is actually counterproductive. Best to leave it on normal setting

True but only if your card is working at 99% all the time, limiting frames reduces the chances. I got a 1070 and limiting my frames to 40 it rarely reaches 95%, it hovers around 78-87%, never gets hot.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

6 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

True but only if your card is working at 99% all the time, limiting frames reduces the chances. I got a 1070 and limiting my frames to 40 it rarely reaches 95%, it hovers around 78-87%, never gets hot.

Depend’s what resolution the op is running, if he’s 4k, with lower cpu settings, he’ll be gpu limited and the card will be being used at over 85-90%. 

44 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Depend’s what resolution the op is running, if he’s 4k, with lower cpu settings, he’ll be gpu limited and the card will be being used at over 85-90%

Indeed, good point.

Edited by CarlosF

Whisper202: Has your performance issue always been there, or did you used to have good performance and then it later deteriorated to lags and stutters? The changes by Asobo (their sim updates) can affect performance.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, CarlosF said:

True, but as my post states, it's a good starting point which can then be tweaked later. I got mine set to 20 in-game with monitor refresh rate @ 120, this gives me 40fps, smooth as silk.

This is the thing with fps/refresh rate/v-sync, so many different permutations that give different results.  Well worth playing with these until you get a perfect result on the system.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Well worth playing with these until you get a perfect result on the system.

I can get away with setting it to 40fps as I do have a 12th gen cpu, on the other hand, I do have to balance eyecandy due to my old 1070. Im quite happy with the results and hardware combination, very fluid with great visuals, I can take any airplane for a spin without a single hiccup.

Edited by CarlosF

Some days ago one of the FBW A32N Experimental or Dev releases caused a quirk with Toolbar Pushback which caused on my end and for the very first time since I use this sim pronnounced lag & stutters. It was found to be due to a memory leak:

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

15 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

I can get away with setting it to 40fps as I do have a 12th gen cpu, on the other hand, I do have to balance eyecandy due to my old 1070. Im quite happy with the results and hardware combination, very fluid with great visuals, I can take any airplane for a spin without a single hiccup.

I always amazed at the performance simmers are getting out of the 1070/1080 cards - really shows what MSFS is capable of.

• Like 2