Sign in to follow this  
motishow

Still have bad descent rates for approach vectors

Hiya dave, installed last beta but still have bad descent rates at approaching vectors

In my casa arrinving to LECO ILS21 , i was at 30.000 feet cruise alitude, and pilot2atc give me  vectored approach and told me to descent from 30.000 to 4.000 feet , impossible to do that because i was to near the airport

Hope you can fix that in the next update, thanks Dave

spacer.png

Looks like the program expected you to be at 14,000 at the beginning of the vectors.

If you email me the P2A log file for this flight, I'll have a look.

Dave

I had a somewhat similar experience with this latest update.  In my case, I filed an IFR flight plan from KORL to MYNN in the Mooney Ovation, flying at 13,000 ft.  I noticed that where my TOD was indicated on the map, I never received any instructions to descend.  When I finally did get instructions, I was about 7 or so miles out and was instructed to descend to 11,000 ft.  Then I was subsequently cleared for the ILS landing.

something similar happened to me last night flying to KSAV. i was cleared down to (iirc) 11,000 just a few miles from the airport, and approach instructed me from that point as though i was down to the initial fix altitude and cleared me to land. i had the descent rate in p2atc set to 1500fpm.

Edited by molleh

Same for me. last 3 flights, last one try 737 FL240 and was imposible descent. Flight plans are broken. i use P2tac since 6 years aho, fo me is impossible use my sims without P2atc. I will try today update 2.6.3.1 but cant read nothing about Decents. All my flight palans haves no good altitudes. I hape a solution i wish have a uerar ago version. Thanks Daves for the effort.

Version 2.6.3.1 Released version is out and does fix some problems with the descent instructions when not using a STAR.

The TOD is updated in flight by ATC, and if you Get vectors, it will be totally different from the Green Arrow on the map, so going past the Green Arrow is not always a problem.

Dave

2 minutes ago, molleh said:

something similar happened to me last night flying to KSAV. i was cleared down to (iirc) 11,000 just a few miles from the airport, and approach instructed me from that point as though i was down to the initial fix altitude and cleared me to land. i had the descent rate in p2atc set to 1500fpm.

I Try 1200 rate and 800 rate in airliners and notihing worked for me.Thaks for share i am carzy try to use it like years ago.

2 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Version 2.6.3.1 Released version is out and does fix some problems with the descent instructions when not using a STAR.

The TOD is updated in flight by ATC, and if you Get vectors, it will be totally different from the Green Arrow on the map, so going past the Green Arrow is not always a problem.

Dave

I use STARS last 8 flights in airliners MSFS and have issues too. I wll try this update. Thanks, Dave.

In order to get down, you have to control both airspeed and descent rate.  If you have a planned descent rate of 1500 FPM, then the TOD will be adjusted, based on your actual groundspeed in the flight, so when you descend, you should set the descent rate to 1500FPM and maintain your airspeed by pulling back on the power.

If it looks like you're not going to get down, increase the descent rate and pull back on the power some more.

I replicated my earlier flight from KORL to MYNN with the same result.  About 10 miles out I was instructed to descend from 13000 to 11000...and that was it.  In previous versions the ATC would step me down all the way to just below the glideslope.  My memory might be failing me, but I think in previous versions, it also started my descent a bit farther out than 10 miles from MYNN (but I could be wrong).

In any event, it's not "stepping me down" like it used to.

Please email the log file for the flight to admin@p2atc.com and I can try and see what's going wrong.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
Dave

20 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Please email the log file for the flight to admin@p2atc.com and I can try and see what's going wrong.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
Dave

Done, thanks!