Sign in to follow this  
captain420

MSFS scenery library for those who use MSFS Addons Linker

Is there a way to have LNM scan a specific path location for those of us who are using MSFS Addons Linkers to manage and organize all our scenery? I would hate to have to manually go in and check to enable each and every airport every time theres a new update just to have LNM refresh's its scenery db. I rather point LNM to the correct location instead and have it scan all my airport scenery whether or not they are enabled/disabled.

For example I have all my scenery located on D:\Community Addons\ and in there I have divided it into sub directories for better organization. I keep all my airports in D:\Community Addons\Scenery\

image.png

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

What I have done to get around this issue is to enable all addons in Addon Linker then run "Load Scenery Library" in LNM. After this library search is complete in Addon Linker I enable a preset of addons that is the "base" that I want on every time I fly, and individually enable individual items for various flights. Once LNM has loaded everything into the database it doesn't matter to LNM what addons are active or not. I disable things in Addon Linker to shorten load time in MSFS also, but my LNM scenery database contains everything. I only update my LNM database once a month or so to catch any updated scenery, or if I add a new airport then I enable everything and Load Scenery Library again. I agree it would be nice to be able to load from a list of user directories in addition to the Community folder. I thought that facility used to exist in LNM, but I could be mistaken.

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

22 hours ago, somiller said:

What I have done to get around this issue is to enable all addons in Addon Linker then run "Load Scenery Library" in LNM. After this library search is complete in Addon Linker I enable a preset of addons that is the "base" that I want on every time I fly, and individually enable individual items for various flights. Once LNM has loaded everything into the database it doesn't matter to LNM what addons are active or not. I disable things in Addon Linker to shorten load time in MSFS also, but my LNM scenery database contains everything. I only update my LNM database once a month or so to catch any updated scenery, or if I add a new airport then I enable everything and Load Scenery Library again. I agree it would be nice to be able to load from a list of user directories in addition to the Community folder. I thought that facility used to exist in LNM, but I could be mistaken.

Why enable all addons? Wouldn't you just need to enable all the airport sceneries only? I don't think enabling stuff like toolbar pushback, fs2crew, bijan's seasons mod, orbx cityscape, seafront simulation vessels are necessary. Doesn't LNM just require airport data from the payware airport addons only?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Why enable all addons? Wouldn't you just need to enable all the airport sceneries only? I don't think enabling stuff like toolbar pushback, fs2crew, bijan's seasons mod, orbx cityscape, seafront simulation vessels are necessary. Doesn't LNM just require airport data from the payware airport addons only?

I'm disappointed you would think I didn't know all of that...it is simply one click on the enable all addons checkmark as opposed to individually selecting airports, which in my case I have in many separate directories of groups of airports. There may be folks who don't understand that non-airport addons don't need to be enabled to load SCENERY LIBRARY in LNM, but I most certainly am not one of them.

I probably should have specified that I do it that way because it's fastest and easiest.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB