Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

FSUIPC required?

I can't quite get my Bravo throttle to work perfectly with the PMDG 737, mostly the flap detents as I have a 3d printed mod that attaches to the throttle and has hard detents with a spring loaded handle.  Would FSUIPC help?

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

Is FSUIPC registration necessary for assigning and calibrating a steering wheel/tiller hardware controller?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I have the paid version of FSUIPC for MSFS.  While essential in FSX/P3D, it is less so in MSFS.  I have found that I cannot fully control the Fenix A320 or PMDG737 using only FSUIPC...it may be user error and have had to use a combination of FSUIPC and the built in MSFS hardware setup.  One major pain of MSFS is that it does not recognize different aircraft profiles so if you have set up each aircraft with a profile you have to change each hardware controller one at a time every time you change planes...a significant pain to deal with.  

Is there anyone out there that has FSUIPC and exclusively uses FSUIPC without the MSFS controls?  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

For me, a combination of MSFS controls and FSUIPC profiles for some aircraft types works the best.  My basic CH yoke is set up under MSFS, and I use the yoke profile in MSFS for all single engine piston ac as well for basic aileron and elevator control for all other aircraft. Buttons and switches on the yoke are also used across all aircraft for raising and lowering the gear, for extending and retracting flaps, for trim control, for applying brakes and parking brakes, for pannning with the hat switch, and for switching between internal and external views. I use a throttle quadrant with airliners and two engine pistons. I created a null profile in MSFS for the quadrant, deleting all MSFS axis and button assignments. Then I use FSUIPC to create FSUIPC profiles for specific ac types that require the quadrant, making the axis and button assignments for the throttle quadrant in FSUIPC.  Then I just leave the quadrant set to null profile in MSFS, and let FSUIPC load the appropriate profile for the aircraft I select. The only exception is the a320, which I found is easier to set up and calibrate with MSFS. So the a320 has its own MSFS profile for the quadrant. This works well for me.