Sign in to follow this  
bigifooti

May 2022 MSFS

Sitting here in cruise FL360 heading from EHAM to LFMN in a Easyjet Fenix A320, I just started to thing about what a crazy month it has been. I think May 2022 has been probably one of the busiest months for MSFS.

April 30th
It actually started with the last day of April, the Maddog got released. I didn't buy that one because there were forum posts at PMDG stating it was matter of days not weeks before it the 737 would be released. 

May 4th 

While looking for any insight on the PMDG 737 on the 4th Milviz released their Cessna 310R. That looks nice and really temping to buy it, but that imminent 737... 

I do most of my flying in the evening hours when all the day jobs have been completed. Mostly i'll fly 1 hour sectors in Europe, perfectly suited for either the CJ4 or FBW320. Ah that last one got updated to 0.8 on 4th of May. What a lovely and complete plane that is. 

May 6th
I totally forgot about the MSFS updates and suddenly there was SU9. In hindsight this update has probably something in it, which made the major developers wait on this to be released.

May 7th
A day later PMDG announced the pricing and the date conformation we all have been waiting for; May 9th. (the day after my birthday, I already know what my birthday present is going to be...)

May 9th
I got home from work but no PMDG yet. It was about to be released in the late evening in my times zone. I'll guess one more night waiting doesn't hurt...

May 10th. 
I bought the PMDG as soon as I got home from work. Installed it and ... i've been flying the FBW this long that I totally forgot the Boeing Cockpit flow... on the first evening I made 2 short hops just to get used to it again. What a lovely plane and it simply continues where I left it when I was flying it extensively in P3D.

May 15th
You what...? Fenix is about to release their A320 as well! And that pricing is very competitive, and with all the footage that is slowly being released it's living up to the anticipation. 

May 17th
Italy! Totally forgot about the WU! My preferred holiday country. What a lovely place to fly to!

May 18th 
Fenix announced their A320 is about to be released. That was the news before I went to work. After getting home from work the A320 was released!!! Total surprise about the speed of it being released. Because i just got the PMDG737, I thought, I wait a couple of days or weeks. Lets see how polished the Fenix really is...

May 20th 
Couldn't watch anymore youtubes or streams where people were showing off the A320. So I bought it, installed it and... what a poor performance... about 15fps... a bit of tinkering (set the rendering to balanced and 4k livery (i have an 1070)) and back again to 30 FPS. What a lovely plane. 
Up until that moment I've done 12 flights with the 737. 

May 22th 
The Hondajet is announced to be released on the 31st... I'm not sure if i will buy this one. To busy flying the Fenix 320. 

May 25th 
Top Gun DLC. Also forgot about it. I've downloaded it right away. Landed the F18 on a Aircraft Carrier, did that Darkstar space flight mission (sort of advanced manual IFR flying). It's a gimmick this DLC, but it's Top Gun! I need to wait for the movie to come out on one of the streaming services and watch in as in flight entertainment during a (Tom) cruise phase. 

May 27th
In NL we have a long holiday weekend. I've been able to fly about 3 sectors yesterday, and today i'm on my second. This all fits between all the house duties and etc. Currently doing some maintenance work in the bathroom, which has some very convenient waiting times for when paint is drying. 
Since I installed the Fenix, I've done 14 flights. Apart from the 2 Top Gun flights i'll stick to the Fenix. Mayby when the 737-800 is out I'll probably will fly the PMDG again. 

And somewhere in this week I passed the 500 hr mark in MSFS. Really lovely sim it is turning out to be!

I've spend about 120 EUR on aircraft this month, which is a lot. I've never done that before. But so far I've flown about 30 hrs with both the Fenix and the PMDG. So that is 4 EUR/hr, and it gradually is getting cheaper as I fly more. If I would go watch Top Gun Maverick, it'll be 12.50 EUR per ticket for a 2 hr movie. 

I think I spend that 120 EUR well!!
  • Like 11

I bought the BAE146 and have no complaints at all. Ditto for the Cessna 310R. I normally have a few complaints with hifi planes, but not these two.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Hello mate, I feel the same. What an anxiety. And then to expect a 737-800/900, 747, 777, a 757 classic, A310 inibuilds🤩🤩😍🥰. Just imagine.

And then, cherry on the pie.. an Md-11 from TFDi Design.. KLM to St. Maarten, Fedex at Memphis, UPS, Martinair Cargo, Lufthansa Cargo, blow me away!!!!

😎The frenzy has just started!!

... ooh yeah, perhaps an A350/380 in the long run as well. Not to forget stuff like 717, a330, 767 perhaps, A300, 787 Dreamliner too..

Do we miss something? If someone took the plunge for an A340 msfs?? 

If all above happened, our social life would come to a standstill like nothing before. Imagine that. Not healthy hea??😁😅🤣

I am anxious, positively anxious😋

Of course not every addon will live up to expectations. That remains a large disclaimer, who builds stuff🤔.

Have a nice weekend all!! Keep flying the heavy metal.

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Cut long quote
  • Like 2

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

For sure the best month in flight-simulation history when it comes to new releases.

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Great month, and great time to be a flight sim enthusiasts.. I also purchased the pmdg as well as the bae 146, I’m on the fence about the fenix, not because I think the product or quality is sub par, cause it’s not, but mainly because I’m not an airbus guy, I’ve always been a Boeing flyer and the airbus flows and mcdu is different….but I’m sure I’ll cave and get it out of curiosity, and to support the dev as they seem to be in it for the love of the aircraft, besides the price seems like a steal!

This sim was a bit sketchy in the beginning, but it’s turning out to be a real gem!

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

16 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Great month, and great time to be a flight sim enthusiasts.. I also purchased the pmdg as well as the bae 146, I’m on the fence about the fenix, not because I think the product or quality is sub par, cause it’s not, but mainly because I’m not an airbus guy, I’ve always been a Boeing flyer and the airbus flows and mcdu is different….but I’m sure I’ll cave and get it out of curiosity, and to support the dev as they seem to be in it for the love of the aircraft, besides the price seems like a steal!

This sim was a bit sketchy in the beginning, but it’s turning out to be a real gem!

I flew the PMDG 737 for years in P3D. I had an Airbus back then, I think it was from Aerosoft, which I didn't care for. Now that I have the Fenix, I just love how the A 320 flies, and would never go back to Boeing. Airbus just seems much more up to date, than the Boeing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I flew the PMDG 737 for years in P3D. I had an Airbus back then, I think it was from Aerosoft, which I didn't care for. Now that I have the Fenix, I just love how the A 320 flies, and would never go back to Boeing. Airbus just seems much more up to date, than the Boeing. 

No doubt it does look great, I had that aerosoft airbus in p3d as well as had a few flights with the fbw in msfs, but the airbus just couldn’t grab my interest for some reason, but I will give the fenix a go, who knows, maybe I’ll be a convert lol

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 minute ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

No doubt it does look great, I had that aerosoft airbus in p3d as well as had a few flights with the fbw in msfs, but the airbus just couldn’t grab my interest for some reason, but I will give the fenix a go, who knows, maybe I’ll be a convert lol

Yeah, and I am kind of that way now with Boeing. After a couple of thousand hours, for me it started to be like watching paint dry. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

A play on the old catchphrase..

"If it's Boeing Bob ain't going"

Sorry, not sure what compelled me.

5 hours ago, RichUK said:

A play on the old catchphrase..

"If it's Boeing Bob ain't going"

Sorry, not sure what compelled me.

If it ain't got a stick, it ain't for Rich?