Sign in to follow this  
OlliePen

Garmin G1000 NXi in X-Plane 12

I've become quite enamored of this avionics stack / panel in a different simulator and hope it will be modeled in the new X-Plane.

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

Unless a default aircraft features one, you'll be at the mercy of aircraft add-on developers for any particular avionics stack.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Well, the dev who heads up the Garmins, has said in the past, he's only interested in putting in the basic features, that he needs.  So, unless someone like Working Title comes to XP, I think you will be stuck with what's in XP11.

Man. I hope that is not the case. I fly with a Perspective+ in an SR-20 G6 and I love it.  I have the Torquesim SR-20 which adds some nice Cirrus-specific pages, but the guts is still essentially the default G1000.

I guess I'll have to go the MSFS2020 route and use the Working Title mod which I've hear is amazing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wazooda said:

Man. I hope that is not the case. I fly with a Perspective+ in an SR-20 G6 and I love it.  I have the Torquesim SR-20 which adds some nice Cirrus-specific pages, but the guts is still essentially the default G1000.

I guess I'll have to go the MSFS2020 route and use the Working Title mod which I've hear is amazing.

It is amazing. There's a reason WT has been retained by Asobo to work on the Garmins in MSFS. In fact, the WT mod is due to become the default G1000 in MSFS, if I understand correctly.

• Like 1

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

On 6/17/2022 at 12:50 AM, wazooda said:

Or just go to P3D 4 or 5, RXP and get GTN. GTN knocks cr@p  out of the G1000 or 3000 all day long. It does everything and easy to use.

Edited by Gary1124

8 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Or just go to P3D 4 or 5, RXP and get GTN. GTN knocks cr@p  out of the G1000 or 3000 all day long. It does everything and easy to use.

Or you could just use the XP version of the RXP GTN ?

• Like 1

Slightly more in-topic I do quite like the X-Aviation/RealSimGear G500 suite for a third-party glass cockpit system, but it's expensive and requires support from the plane developer; so is only supported in a tiny handful of planes (mostly from X-Aviation). It also doesn't support include Synthetic Vision but there are rumours that might come down the line ?

However it's not a G1000 and unless one of the dev teams that's created their own G1000 enhancements decides to bundle that up as a drop-in replacement product I'm not sure where anything to rival the WT G1000NXi i going to come from.

9 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Or you could just use the XP version of the RXP GTN ?

That is true. Totally forgot about that. Only have RXP in P3D/FSX.

Edited by Gary1124

On 6/20/2022 at 1:55 AM, Gary1124 said:

The problem is, I'm using this for real-world practice.  I have an SR20 G6 with the Perspective+ system which is the Garmin 1000NXi (with some mods).

2 hours ago, wazooda said:

The problem is, I'm using this for real-world practice.  I have an SR20 G6 with the Perspective+ system which is the Garmin 1000NXi (with some mods).

Oh. Okay. I understand. It is the same for me with the Cessna Skylane. The A2A Skylane fitted with RXP 530/430 is a ringer for the one I train in.

I do think it's time that X-Plane upgrade the G1000 to at least match what FS2020 and WT have done. LR seem to be perfectionists, so hopefully they realize the default G1000 is falling way behind. It would also be a huge push for people to upgrade to XP12.

• Like 1

Just found out elsewhere that the default G1000 in XP can't do arbitrary holds at user-defined waypoints. Disappointing, if true.

Without knowing what else might be missing, I have to again stress that many XP users NEED basics to be fixed far more than they do experimental aircraft, F14s, and lectures about why the Vision jet sucks now.

If LR doesn't read the room I think they're going to lose more of their dedicated user base.

Edited by turner112
  • Like 4

There is a Dev team called COWS currently working on an XP Da42 including a fully custom G1000NXi with the intention of creating an avionics system that can be used in other planes.

It might end up being something 3rd party Devs can license and build into their planned but in an ideal world I'd love something that consumers could buy and drop in to replace the native G1000 pretty much anywhere

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/cows42

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Matchstick said:

There is a Dev team called COWS currently working on an XP Da42 including a fully custom G1000NXi with the intention of creating an avionics system that can be used in other planes.

It might end up being something 3rd party Devs can license and build into their planned but in an ideal world I'd love something that consumers could buy and drop in to replace the native G1000 pretty much anywhere

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/cows42

Funny you should mention it. For years I've been saying the 3D panels should be done in such a way that average users can change avionics, e.g. switch out a DG for an HSI. And developers could make individual instruments that could be installed into panels.

I mean, flight simulators have only been around since like 1981. I guess we should give them some time to work out the kinks.

• Like 1