Sign in to follow this  
jmig

what am i doing wrong? Spins...

Trying to spin the realair sf260What am I doing wrong? I can stall it fine...I do my takeoff and landing config stalls/poweron/off etcTo spin wouldn't one just add rudder, ie an uncoordinated stall? Here's what I do:Climb out to 5000ftIdle power, set 40 flaps, or no flaps whatever, "flare" to simulate landingThe buffet and horn come on, kick in a lot of rudder, but no spin...help?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest jimcooper1

Yes, Stall and apply full rudder should do it. Works for me in FS9..but don't have it loaded in FSX..so can't say for sure what happens in FSX. What are your realism settings like?Jim

they are set to where RA recommends them....mostly half for the middle settings, and high for the top and bottom settings.oh crap...no, no they are not set how I once had them....they aren't set according to RA's flying guide...shoot I better fix that...hopefully it helps!hmmm, no I stll can't get it. It only works if I pull back on the stick and use full rudder. Is it able to get into a stall without keeping the rudder in?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, it needs a healthy boot of rudder (and a little opposite aileron to induce aileron reversal at the right point helps too). It will lose altitude quickly if you let it wind up which takes a couple of turns. I can't remember whether is spins easier to the left or the right but it should be to the left.John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Do you have the RAS SF 260 for FSX or have you imported the FS9 version into FSX? The FS9 version in FSX will not spin properly, whereas the FSX version does.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Try doing a full power stall, be sure and keep full back stick. You want the plane buffeting. Kick in full rudder just as she breaks and that should do it. I found that the airplane sort of bobbled the nose up and down a couple of times before the rotation started.It is easier to spin to the left. The engine torque helps you. To break the spin, center the ailerons and rudder, then lower the nose to get it flying again.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Do the normal power off stall. Keep adding back elevator to maintain altitude until the stall.At the stall, pull full remaining elevator while kicking in full rudder. And I usually go left rudder.This plane does a quick break, and the spin can tighten up rather fast if you keep the elevator & rudder inputs in.Also does secondary & skid stall/spins well.With power off and ailerons neutral, the spin may stop with neutral rudder and elevator; while other times might require some good opposite rudder.And as suggested, if it's the "ported" version from FS9, then all bets are off.L.Adamson

I had trouble getting it to spin at first, then I realized I was keeping the nose to high. Once I tried it with the nose near the horizon then it spun right away. I just had to let my speed bleed off slower rather than putting the nose up in the air.

yes, I've been pulling up so my AoA is quite high, like in the real world with stall practice, I'm always so dang light my stall speed is near 35kts LOL!!! I remember my CFI saying "pull it back a little more," he was very light too, I was afraid of stall practice at first hehe.And yeah, its the SF260 2007 version.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

well im trying right now and it doesn't do a quick break, rather more of a mush...it seems like it wants to start spirling....but doesn't. Hmmmmph! No idea what I'm doing wrong. Should I do it with or w/o flaps?'

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I would leave the flaps up. You want to stall.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset