Sign in to follow this  
harpsi

Camera views

Hi, 

I have seen several videos about this issue but I cannot find a video where it explains how to move outside the aircraft but not just in 4 different directions but all the ones I want. Is there a way to do that like in FSX? 

• Like 1

Toggle the [Insert] button to enter/leave the cockpit 

Toggle with the [End] button between
1. external view (drone camera) and
2. fixed camera's (wing views and more)

For 2. use the [A] and [SHIFT][A] to switch back and forth between available camera's

For 1. use the [A] button to move left, [D] to move right, [W] to move forward, to move backward, [F] to move down, [R] to move up.

Steer the camera using NUMPAD [4] and [6] to turn left/right.

P.S.
I always have my keyboard on my lap and use index and middle finger of my right hand for [Insert][End] and the NUMPAD keys (steering) and the ring finger of left hand for [A], middle finger for and [W], index finger for [D] and [F][R]

Practice this and you won't need an external controller to use the drone camera and it goes super fast en fluent !

Edited by avhpilot
  • Like 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

30 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

For 2. use the [A] and [SHIFT][A] to switch back and forth between available camera's

For 1. use the [A] button to move left, [D] to move right, [W] to move forward, to move backward, [F] to move down, [R] to move up.

P.S.
I always have my keyboard on my lap and use index and middle finger of my right hand for [Insert][End] and the NUMPAD keys (steering) and the ring finger of left hand for [A], middle finger for and [W], index finger for [D] and [F][R]

Practice this and you won't need an external controller to use the drone camera and it goes super fast en fluent !

For 2, Fixed camera, I hit A and Shift A in the Fenix and nothing happens, all I see is the view of the tail. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

For 2, Fixed camera, I hit A and Shift A in the Fenix and nothing happens, all I see is the view of the tail. 

When you are in the VC and click on [End] you will get another kind of external view. maybe that's what happened here. if sio you should be back in the VC by clicking on [End] again.

When in the VC, first click on [Insert] 

Either that or it is something specific to the Fenix. I do not have the add-on so cannot check.

Edited by avhpilot
  • Like 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Hello - The "High Hat" button on the yoke can provide a number of different views which are simuliar to the right mouse click and hold option.

Thanks Mike

• Like 1

I must say i still struggle to setup all my views like i had in FSX and before FSX.
All i want is seamlessly looking around inside the cockpit and seamlessly outside the cockpit facing the aircraft. I want to set this up with the High hat button of my Alpha yoke. But there's just so many view settings, i feel lost. What have you? Something like Translate view, Freelook and a bunch of others still. What does what exactly?

Maybe someone has already set this up on the Honeycomb Alpha yoke exactly as i described it?

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

You know the mouse moves the views in the outside views. You can see the names of the commands the mouse is calling, by reading the names in the default mouse profile. Use the same names to program any hat to do exactly the same thing the mouse does: look all around and move in closer or farther away. 

i.e. there's a command that is called when you spin the center mouse wheel to move the camera in closer or farther away.  A DX command. They are listed in Options/Controls. Assign that same command onto any hat to zoom in or back out when you move the hat. 

There's commands that moving the mouse X or Y changes the outside view. Put those same commands (the same command names) onto any hat to move like that with the hat instead of the mouse. 

Finding the command names is easy. Go to Options/Controls to the mouse profile and click in the box on the left to search.  And then move the mouse or the mouse wheel. The name of the command assigned to the mouse will appear in the big window on the right. Use the same name and assign it to a hat or button. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Setting up custom camera views in MSFS is a pain in the butt.

In XP11 it's so simple - ctrl plus numpad to save view, numpad to load it - it couldn't be easier.

The MSFS user interface is another case in point - looks pretty but it's clunky and overly complicated. 

XP11 is much more user-friendly.

5 hours ago, Wildblue said:

I must say i still struggle to setup all my views like i had in FSX and before FSX.
All i want is seamlessly looking around inside the cockpit and seamlessly outside the cockpit facing the aircraft. I want to set this up with the High hat button of my Alpha yoke. But there's just so many view settings, i feel lost. What have you? Something like Translate view, Freelook and a bunch of others still. What does what exactly?

Maybe someone has already set this up on the Honeycomb Alpha yoke exactly as i described it?

I set up my 8 way hat button like cockpit look up, look up left, look left, look down left and so on, you can do the same for external view.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I set up my 8 way hat button like cockpit look up, look up left, look left, look down left and so on, you can do the same for external view.

And you can do the same for Drone View (ShowCamera view). The same hat buttons will move things the exact same way in all 3 modes: cockpit, external, drone.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

21 hours ago, avhpilot said:

P.S.

These are fixed views. However I found it... You just need to leave the cockpit with the insert key and the right click and the wheel of the mouse will do all the job outside.

Thanks.