Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

opinions needed KMRY or KCLT

I need opinions which airport do I purchase.  Both are the same price at simmarket.

In the past I have bought airports from FS Dreamteam, I have never bought any from Verticalsim  If you had a choice which one would u buy ?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Depends on what kind of aircraft you fly. If airliners, go for KCLT. Much bigger airport. I only have KCLT, and I think it's good.

Both are very good.  I have been impressed with VerticalSim airports as I have never used X-Plane and was not familiar with them.  I now have all of their MSFS airports.  That said, depends on what kind of flying you want to do.  KCLT is a big American Airlines hub so if you do a lot of A320 or 737 flights it might be the better choice. Definitely a more complex airport as well.  KMYR is nice as well but I will likely fly in/out of it much less than KCLT..

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

54 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

I need opinions which airport do I purchase.  Both are the same price at simmarket.

In the past I have bought airports from FS Dreamteam, I have never bought any from Verticalsim  If you had a choice which one would u buy ?

BOTH.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Charlotte is a major AAL hub, as well as a destination for Southwest, Frontier and Spirit (come on, who doesn't love the shiny yellow Bus).  😉  So plenty of options for sure. 

sorry guys I wanted to mention KMYR/ Myrtle Beach, not KMRY/Montery, my bad, 

anyway I like to fly the jets like the Maddog, waiting for PMDG 800 version, and also the TBM 930, along with the Bonanza.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

11 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

sorry guys I wanted to mention KMYR/ Myrtle Beach, not KMRY/Montery, my bad, 

anyway I like to fly the jets like the Maddog, waiting for PMDG 800 version, and also the TBM 930, along with the Bonanza.

Verticalsim doesn't make a KMRY, so we got you. 😀

They both require an ap to install.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to download the fsdreamteam ap to download all my airports again since they have not been updated since I upgraded my computer.

3 hours ago, CFIJose said:

I need to download the fsdreamteam ap to download all my airports again since they have not been updated since I upgraded my computer.

I've spent the afternoon tidying up my payware addons, gathering them in one place. Got folders for the usual suspects - Aerosoft One, Contrail, Orbx. Then I use Link Shell Extension to link the folders to my Addon linker folder (which is subdivided into countries). Then Addon linker will create symbolic links to my community folder. It's quite the setup but it seems to be working... for now. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I've spent the afternoon tidying up my payware addons, gathering them in one place. Got folders for the usual suspects - Aerosoft One, Contrail, Orbx. Then I use Link Shell Extension to link the folders to my Addon linker folder (which is subdivided into countries). Then Addon linker will create symbolic links to my community folder. It's quite the setup but it seems to be working... for now. 

I just use Add-on linker and add folders as I please. I do have everything by Continent/Country/Airports etc.