Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Tobii Eye Tracker

47 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

I am experiencing the issue with Tobii shutting down if I alternate between "Windowed" Mode and "Full Screen" Mode. I understand this has been an ongoing issue with MSFS. I am not sure if Tobii have resolved it or if there is a temporary fix in place.

There was a new driver just released for Windows 11 yesterday under optional updates - you can see if that helps. Also update the Tobii Experience app in the MS Store.

Edited by DylanM
  • Upvote 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, Stoopy said:

Tobii also works very well now with FaceTrackNoIR, allowing use in other programs that don't offer native Tobii support such as IL-2 Sturmovik and DCS.   The TrackIR application is mimicked so anything that uses TrackIR should work. And an added benefit is that FaceTrackNoIR lets you set up fully customizable curves for all 6 axis, as well as disabling eye tracking ("gaze") for those of us that want just a head tracking solution. 

I installed FaceTrackNoIR to use Tobii for IL-2. However, MSFS seems to ignore its internal Tobii setting but waiting for OpenTrack data from FaceTrackNoIR. In other words, I cannot use Tobii on MSFS without FaceTrackNoIR running so at the end I deleted FaceTrackNoIR. Anyone find a solution to this problem?

On 8/31/2022 at 12:26 PM, DylanM said:

There was a new driver just released for Windows 11 yesterday under optional updates - you can see if that helps. Also update the Tobii Experience app in the MS Store.

Thanks for that, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have now installed the latest driver and I am sure my Tobii "Experience" has improved dramatically. I should re-confirm that my issue was not as stated above. The issue stems from, if I for some reason minimize MSFS to the desktop, when I return to "Windowed" or "Full Screen" modes in MSFS, that is when Tobii stops working. I just did a flight and kept MSFS in  "Windowed" or "Full Screen" mode and everyhing was fine.

Regards

T

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Can't speek about Tobii, don't have it.

Was looking for an alternative for TrackIR - always wearing a headphone was bothering me.

I've found a very cheap solution (about 10$ in the app store) - Smooth track !

It's an app for your mobile and works together with opentrack (free software). You can adjust all parameters to your liking, including offsets.

And it works like the name implements - smooth in MSFS, as well for X-Plane and DCS.

In my opinion way better than Track IR. I've had always the problem with a big window as backlight, no more with Smooth track.

I've positioned my phone slightly out of the middle of my TV (48") on an wireless charger. 

Best regards

Detlef

25 minutes ago, stratone said:

Can't speek about Tobii, don't have it.

Was looking for an alternative for TrackIR - always wearing a headphone was bothering me.

I've found a very cheap solution (about 10$ in the app store) - Smooth track !

It's an app for your mobile and works together with opentrack (free software). You can adjust all parameters to your liking, including offsets.

And it works like the name implements - smooth in MSFS, as well for X-Plane and DCS.

In my opinion way better than Track IR. I've had always the problem with a big window as backlight, no more with Smooth track.

I've positioned my phone slightly out of the middle of my TV (48") on an wireless charger. 

Best regards

Detlef

Is there a trial version? I had once tried such a tool, however my iPhone 7 got Pretty warm. It this normal or bad for the phone?

2 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Is there a trial version? I had once tried such a tool, however my iPhone 7 got Pretty warm. It this normal or bad for the phone?

I use it with an Android phone. No trial version for Android. Other solutions are much more expensive and for about 10$ worth to try it out.

For me quite normal in regard to temperature. It's getting a bit warmer because I always charge the mobile, when I use the app,

But not warmer as it is getting during normal charge. I can't tell you, how much power the app is draining - never tested it out.

Best regards

Detlef

PS: just had it run for about 30 min for test - temp about 10 grad celsius higher than before ..... (tested not on charging pad) 

Edited by stratone
Added test for temp