Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

G530/G430 PMS50 Mod

Greetings, 

I'm in (or maybe was) in transition phase from P3D to MSFS when I encountered the problem with the G530/G430 and discussion with the pms50 mod. I've been on discord attemptng to correct a non-starter issue with no GPS cursor. I'm just curious if others have already been down this path. 

6 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I've been on discord attemptng to correct a non-starter issue with no GPS cursor.

Can you explain what you are trying to fix?

Bert

I think he is talking about the issue where the unit wont power up using the power knob.  Previously you turned the knob to power up the unit, but now if you turn the knob nothing happens.  If you are using the Just Flight Arrow you can get the unit to power up using the EFB and cycling it off and on.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Can you explain what you are trying to fix?

I understand to use the G530/G430 effectively, it is necessary to install the PMS50 mod, available at GitHub (GitHub - pimarc/pms50-gns530: Flight simulator 2020 GNS530 Mod). Without the mod, the unit doesn't function the way it is supposed to. Moreover, the mod provides additional services to add to realism. In my case, with the mod or without it, the cursor on the Flight Plan page simply does not work. Perhaps I'm mis-informed on this whole issue. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 

Situation has been resolved. The issue was the mouse mode set to Lock in lieu of Legacy. Thank you gentlemen for your assistance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Les Parson said:

Situation has been resolved. The issue was the mouse mode set to Lock in lieu of Legacy. Thank you gentlemen for your assistance. 

Thank you for reporting back.. I was just about to post about checking this... saved me the time.. 😉

MSFS has some (XBox related) quirks which need to be dealt with..  Another is the Space / Space sequence to load a flight plan..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thanks Bert. I'm using XBox controller for views only in MSFS and P3D and not having problems that I anticipated. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I understand to use the G530/G430 effectively, it is necessary to install the PMS50 mod, available at GitHub (GitHub - pimarc/pms50-gns530: Flight simulator 2020 GNS530 Mod). Without the mod, the unit doesn't function the way it is supposed to.

The PMS mod improves the stock Asobo GNS530, but as you have likely discovered, the GNS is far from realistic..

WT is working on a new version that hopefully will operate more like the real Garmin unit.

For now, your better bet is the WT G1000NXi and the TDS GTN750Xi, both of which are very good.

Bert

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The PMS mod improves the stock Asobo GNS530, but as you have likely discovered, the GNS is far from realistic..

WT is working on a new version that hopefully will operate more like the real Garmin unit.

For now, your better bet is the WT G1000NXi and the TDS GTN750Xi, both of which are very good.

Interesting. I resisted the GTN 750 craze in P3D for the longest time but times change. I guess Reality-XP isn't able to do same for G530/G430 in FS 2020. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Interesting. I resisted the GTN 750 craze in P3D for the longest time but times change. I guess Reality-XP isn't able to do same for G530/G430 in FS 2020. Thanks for the info. 

RXP is notably absent from this sim.. after complaining about the software environment initially..

For that, TDS is filling the role for the GTN, with the pedigree of having developed the original Flight1 version.

We'll have to wait and see what WT can do for the GNS.. 🙂

Bert

1 hour ago, Les Parson said:

The PMS GTN 750 is wonderful and works with a large number of aircraft. I got the paid version which is worth every penny. 

https://pms50.com/msfs/

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The PMS GTN 750 is wonderful and works with a large number of aircraft. I got the paid version which is worth every penny. 

There are indeed two options to consider... PMS and TDS..

Different in many ways, and long Avsim threads can be found comparing the two.

Bert

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And it's updatable, so always in sync with the sim and other software like Little Navmap or Pilot2ATc. Also has weather radar and charts in the GTN, can load fligh plans from sim, all things that the TDS misses.

Weighting the pros and the cons I also prefer the PMS50 GTN. Used RXP in the other sims.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

Weighting the pros and the cons I also prefer the PMS50 GTN. Used RXP in the other sims.

I like the fact that the TDS does not present me with "what is it doing now" moments.. good to have choices 🙂

Bert

The TDS offers both 750 and 650, while the PMS offers the 750,  is that accurate?  Is the TDS updateable as well?