Hello all,

Can someone give me some info about this Hardware?? I am in need of changing my very old and inaccurate Saitek/Logitech throttles. Quite frankly I am tired of these.I don't fly heavies not Boeing nor airbus at the moment.

Only fly twin props and the Honda Jet and singles.

I am seeing conflicting reviews, some good some not so, what is your verdict, worth the money? Will this HW run out of the box with minimal setup? and how accurate is this unit? I have very little desk space

that is one reason why I am considering this. There is not much else on the market to consider as throttles.

Thanks.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

For twin props maybe CH Throttle Quadrant is more suitable at same price range, but it's kida less ergonomical.

For me personally TCA Airbus is much better than Boeing one as it came with linear reverser, but many people find it's hard to setup with and cause problem for them...

TCA Boeing do came with one more axis that might be needed for 3-lever piston engine, and it came with a knob which could be useful for autopilot (but I have AP panel already so I don't bother)

I mainly fly heavy metal, but What I use now for small props are TCA Airbus for throttle and old saitek quad mounting aside for prop and mix, for me I don't need that accurate for them

18 hours ago, C2615 said:

For twin props maybe CH Throttle Quadrant is more suitable at same price range, but it's kida less ergonomical.

For me personally TCA Airbus is much better than Boeing one as it came with linear reverser, but many people find it's hard to setup with and cause problem for them...

TCA Boeing do came with one more axis that might be needed for 3-lever piston engine, and it came with a knob which could be useful for autopilot (but I have AP panel already so I don't bother)

I mainly fly heavy metal, but What I use now for small props are TCA Airbus for throttle and old saitek quad mounting aside for prop and mix, for me I don't need that accurate for them

Thanks for your reply, I have had CH equipment long time ago, not very realistic, I don't fly heavies mainly twins and  light bus jets, so I don't need more than a twin throttle.

Thanks.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I would say do the TCA Airbus and get the Add Ons..  It's still small enough and give you limited desk clutter even with the Add ons..

You can set the "reverser" into a locked up position so that the throttle is a "full range" but I still keep those in so I have some where to go to have a cut off or a reverser range...  You can also pull the detents if you don't want them..

additional items with the Add On besides the spoilers or Flaps would be Gear/parking brake/rudder trim / auto brakes / starters / engine cutoffs .. 

• Like 1

Les O'Reilly

Looks far better than it feels and is not very exact.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Thanks for all your replies, I ended up getting the TCA Boeing, it has what I wanted and is considerably cheaper than the airbus with addons. If I need more axis I will use one

of the Logitech quads. I have saitek/logitech flight panels with flaps and gear, etc. I may invest in the Bravo at a later date when I figure out where to put it.

Thanks.

Helmut Berger

On 7/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, helberger said:

Thanks for all your replies, I ended up getting the TCA Boeing, it has what I wanted and is considerably cheaper than the airbus with addons. If I need more axis I will use one

of the Logitech quads. I have saitek/logitech flight panels with flaps and gear, etc. I may invest in the Bravo at a later date when I figure out where to put it.

Thanks.

Well, what do you think of it Helmut?  Did you get yoke and throttle:

Amazon.com: Thrustmaster TCA Yoke PACK Boeing Edition (Xbox Series X/S, PC) : Everything Else

Looks very tempting esp if their so-called H.E.A.R.T. magnetic controllers really deliver.  

MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY

TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition features proprietary H.E.A.R.T magnetic technology, for surgical precision (16-bit resolution) on each of the flight controllers’ main axes (yoke and throttle quadrant).

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I have both the airbus and boeing one.  The thing that is disappointing with the boeing throttle to me is lack of 3rd party custom detents.  Or atleast I haven't been able to find any.  I replaced the detent on the airbus and it is much more realistic throttle detent positions now compared to real life.  What I would like for the boeing throttle would be a way to replace the flap plastic detent guide.  It seems like one could replace the stock one with a new detent guide that could theoretically actually have flap detents for boeing 737 aircraft.  Of course the other issue with the boeing one is it should have one more lever.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

I have both the airbus and boeing one.  The thing that is disappointing with the boeing throttle to me is lack of 3rd party custom detents.  Or atleast I haven't been able to find any.  I replaced the detent on the airbus and it is much more realistic throttle detent positions now compared to real life.  What I would like for the boeing throttle would be a way to replace the flap plastic detent guide.  It seems like one could replace the stock one with a new detent guide that could theoretically actually have flap detents for boeing 737 aircraft.  Of course the other issue with the boeing one is it should have one more lever.  

I'm still using Saitek Yoke and TQ and wouldn't mind something better!  I fly pretty much only PMDG 737, AS CRJ and B78X, so Boeing oriented.  I don't need pedals but I would love a better yoke and TQ.  How is the action on the Boeing model as far as resolution and control goes?  I'm also very fond (i.e., want something similar in this regard) of enough buttons and switches on the Saitek so whatever I find needs to have plenty of those.  

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

38 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm still using Saitek Yoke and TQ and wouldn't mind something better!  I fly pretty much only PMDG 737, AS CRJ and B78X, so Boeing oriented.  I don't need pedals but I would love a better yoke and TQ.  How is the action on the Boeing model as far as resolution and control goes?  I'm also very fond (i.e., want something similar in this regard) of enough buttons and switches on the Saitek so whatever I find needs to have plenty of those.  

I moved up from the saitek also.  I now use spad.next to create aircraft specific hardware profiles.  I fly with the TCA yoke/throttle for boeing and the airbus versions for airbus.  resolution has been pretty good.  Feels smoother and less like plastic dragging on dragging like you get in the saitek.  The magnetic hall sensors theoretically will stay accurate for years, where the saitek ones will ultimately start breaking down and becoming less accurate since they use potentiometers.  Cheap ones at that.  I still keep my saitek hooked up and have it for controlling the Q400 condition levers only now.  Though I've discontinued p3d for now and awaiting that plane to release in msfs.  Thrustmaster is a funny company to me.  Certain things they do very nice.  Other things they cheap out on.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

I moved up from the saitek also.  I now use spad.next to create aircraft specific hardware profiles.  I fly with the TCA yoke/throttle for boeing and the airbus versions for airbus.  resolution has been pretty good.  Feels smoother and less like plastic dragging on dragging like you get in the saitek.  The magnetic hall sensors theoretically will stay accurate for years, where the saitek ones will ultimately start breaking down and becoming less accurate since they use potentiometers.  Cheap ones at that.  I still keep my saitek hooked up and have it for controlling the Q400 condition levers only now.  Though I've discontinued p3d for now and awaiting that plane to release in msfs.  Thrustmaster is a funny company to me.  Certain things they do very nice.  Other things they cheap out on.  

Thanks for that!  Another issue for me is my desk has limited space.  Right now I prop up my standard PC keyboard as in the photo below.  It's very handy not only for flight sim but also have no trouble accessing it for other PC use w/o the need to move it.  I see the TCA yoke has a place to set a tablet, so three questions on this if you will:

1.  Do you think I could bend back the metal backstop for tablets, so that my standard keyboard will lay a little flatter?

2.  If bent backwards a bit do you think the keyboard would stay put on it?  

3. No reviews of the TCA throttle are real positive.  For me, if I went with it over what I have now, Saitek's, it would need to have a flat bottom so I could use double-stick tape to attach it to the flat desk to the side of the yoke.  Does it have a flat bottom?  I had to remove the mounting hardware to get to the Saitek TQ's flat bottom.  Do you feel the TCA is better than the simple Saitek TQ?  Honeycomb's looks great but mounting it looks nigh to impossible w/ my desk as it is, but still might be possible.

One other *potential* plus for me and TCA yoke is that the leading edge of my corner desk is curved, so this suggests to me the yoke, which for straight-edge desks protrudes out quite far it would appear, and so will be less so w/ my desk. 

Thanks again!

spacer.png

Noel

@Noelthe tablet holder is removal.  So you could try that.   Hard to say if it will all fit with your setup.  the whole yoke mount is somewhat large.  On the throttle the bottom is flat.  so double sided tape should work. Without question the TCA throttle is better than the saitek.  Much smoother.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks again, I'm still not sure!  But that's my normal state of affairs!  Tell me, have you used this beast for GA flying?  It seems like it would be way weird, but perhaps not.

I'm also looking at Fulcrum's offerings for both yoke and their upcoming TQ which looks great.  They are also due out with a new 737 "handle" which attaches to their Fulcrum yoke as a replacement for its GA style.  No more buttons, but differently placed buttons.

I'm also looking at HC Alpha's offering for yoke as their TQ is just the wrong size n shape for my space.

Noel

On 8/26/2022 at 8:46 PM, Noel said:

Well, what do you think of it Helmut?  Did you get yoke and throttle:

Amazon.com: Thrustmaster TCA Yoke PACK Boeing Edition (Xbox Series X/S, PC) : Everything Else

Looks very tempting esp if their so-called H.E.A.R.T. magnetic controllers really deliver.  

MAGNETIC TECHNOLOGY

TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition features proprietary H.E.A.R.T magnetic technology, for surgical precision (16-bit resolution) on each of the flight controllers’ main axes (yoke and throttle quadrant).

Hi Noel,

Sorry for being late responding, yes I got the Throttle only and it is very smooth, quite a change from the Logitech stuff, this piece is much more

accurate in the entire range, to me it is money well spend. Of course like all products it has flaws, some of the levers feel a bit flimsy like the reverses and the AP knobs

feel a bit rough. I still use the HC Alpha so no need to spend $500 Can on the TCA Yoke.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Helmut Berger

I bought it, the Boeing yoke only and for now will use the Logitech throttle.  I REALLY like Boeing yoke control is a whole new ability over the Saitek which trained me to use electric trim to control the plane during landings in particular.  I can't believe how nice it feels!  I only wish it had a light or two on it as it's its own version of....cold and dark!  No brainer purchase thanks all.

Noel