Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

EGCC Runway designator changes - how can FSX be changed?

Thanks Reggie. Works very well on my system, using Horizon Simulations UK scenery.Much obliged for all the work you put in for our benefit!Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest AirPierre

Me too using default!Just a couple of minor comments:There is one 'straight thru' link over Rwy05L/23R that works fine. There are two others which could be used but the taxiway is connected from the apron to the runway but not thru to the south rumway (05R/23L). There would be no problem for the easterly to be 'straight thru' as it is not used by a/c leaving 05L/23R after landing. The westerly could be a straight thru and a runway connected?The outcome of these nodes being connected only from the apron is evident from the attached showing a rather odd taxi route to takeoff on 05L that I observed!!Great job Reggie, great job!

Guest AirPierre

Question: Is there a maximum number of airline codes you can allocate to each parking gate?

After four codes in the gate properties - the effect/ influence in the parking process decreases. It really decreases with the second code, but after four I've found that factors such as radius can over rule a fifth and later parking code.Now that is in FS2004 - I have not done that level of research in FSX.EGCC parking is a question to many of us because most addon AFCAD files have only four parking code setups. All the spots in T-1 have one group of several codes (11 codes), T-3 split into two groups (37 codes and 10 codes), all in T-2 and the ramp spots a third group of codes (33 codes), or no codes for the ramp spots.The end result is that the first four aircraft codes work pretty well and the others tend to be hit or miss. Not a big issue to those who don't fly there often.But of course, getting a home airport exactly right is usually impossible in FS - one reason I seldom fly in/ out of KDFW.This might be a place you want to explore adding a second or third code to the aircraft.cfg atc_parking_codes= line.A code like MYT,CHTR and code a group of parking spots to CHTR would help - provided you can identify a group of aircraft/ airlines which share a group of gates.

I'll take a look at that.I've found that if we do the diamond crossing like Steve discovered for FS2004, that FSX will have aircraft set to cross the runway stop taxi too often.So their taxi route needs to not be physically connected to the runway. I chose the Taxiway D crossing so that south runway aircraft would have that taxiway all to themselves. North runway aircraft could use taxiway KC at that intersection.There are some new and generally smarter taxi rules for FSX, all of which we have not discovered yet.In your example, was an arriving aircraft set to taxi on J between H & G ?

Guest AirPierre

>I chose the Taxiway D crossing so that south>runway aircraft would have that taxiway all to themselves.>North runway aircraft could use taxiway KC at that>intersection.Good choice Reggie as, on the majority of occasions, that is used by aircraft going to/from the south runway. HZ/H is only used by a/c going to T3 and FZ/F to T1.>In your example, was an arriving aircraft set to taxi on J>between H & G ?Nope, the clearance from ATC actually gave it J,H,G,J,K,B,A!?

Guest AirPierre

Attached are revised xml/bgl files "EGCC_AFX_Default_RJF_Beta2_rev" that I have edited to achieve the following 1) Connected the two links (as per my previous mail) at H/HZ & F/FZ to aid landing/taxing aircraft from Rwy 05R to go to Terminal 2/3.2) Corrected many gate/parking numbers to correspond with the airport charts (as attched under). Also changed some radius sizes.www.mantma.co.uk/pdf/32CC0201.pdfwww.mantma.co.uk/pdf/32CC0202.pdf3) Included some more gate allocations for various airlines in accordance with the published list on the airport website (text version in attached zip file).4) Connected Taxiway N to Taxiway D (serious omission from the default!!) which significantly improves movements in the area.Feed back appreciated?Ciao 4 now,

Thanks Peter.I'm fixing to start one of these conference calls from he!! but will look at it later.Re: changing parking spot / gate names - did you also update the associated jetway?

Guest AirPierre

Sure did! I found that little gem when I got errors on compile :) :)Don't you just luv M$ for trying to mend something that wasn't really broken :?:

Thanks Peter. I've just got home having spent the day at Pete Dowson's flying on his 737 simulator.I'll load the files up tomorrow and report back.Many thanks!:-beerchug

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest AirPierre

ADDISON, We have a problem!!No matter which direction I set the wind the ATIS always reads out that Rwys 05 are 'in use' despite the correct wind direction being read out?I have used my new file, Reggies Beta2 file and the same happens - revert to default and the runway reads are correct - and change if the wind direction is reset?HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest AirPierre

.. later ... I have just had it confirmed from another user the ATIS does not function correctly with the new files.Seems not only does the ATIS read wrong but the AI ATC runway allocation is also for Rwys 05L (takeoffs) and Rwy05R for landings no matter the weather!Ho hum :( :(But, on the brighter side of life, the taxiing aircraft certainly move around the airport better with my revised file now :) :)

That is what I was seeing.You are using the file with the runways set differently on opposite ends as far as open and closed - right ?I had hoped the behavior had changed from FS2004 - and it apparently has - but using only the lower end of the runway is no improvement.

Guest AirPierre

>You are using the file with the runways set differently on>opposite ends as far as open and closed - right ?I haven't looked closely at that - I just used your EGCC_AFX_Default_RJF_Beta2.xml as a basis for my revision so I guess the answer is yes?I will try the 'No close' after lunch and report back!>I had hoped the behavior had changed from FS2004 - and it>apparently has - but using only the lower end of the runway is>no improvement.As I said before - If it ain't broke then don't fix it (R U listening M$?!)Later,

Guest AirPierre

... later ... mmmmmmmm!OK, just fired up FSX using the "No close" beta 2 file and things are a little worse :(When the winds are set in the Western quadrant the ATIS always says "winds calm" (even at 36kts, gusting 54!!) but when in the Eastern quadrant all wind direction/speed changes are reflected in the ATIS - but in each scenario the runways in use are always 05.At least with the other files in use the ATIS changed the wind speeds in each quadrant?!....... over 2 U my friend .... :)