Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

EGCC Runway designator changes - how can FSX be changed?

Guest AirPierre

Getting a little worried my messages aren't getting out ?

Guest manflyer

slightly off topic i live in worsley and i am at egcc most weekends ididnt even know they had changed the runway designators as i have not taken my airband receiver for some time,i have since tuned in but cant get used to the 23/05 its always been 24/06 since i can remember and why have no other airports in the uk changed?paul

Guest AirPierre

>slightly off topic i live in worsley and i am at egcc most>weekends ididnt even know they had changed the runway>designators as i have not taken my airband receiver for some>time,i have since tuned in but cant get used to the 23/05 its>always been 24/06 since i can remember and why have no other>airports in the uk changed?>>paul>They have Paul - Hawarden changed three days before Manchester did - and London Heathrow had a similar change several years ago.!!If you keep an eye on the Manchester Airport website then you will be surprised at the things they announce ahead of the event http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/web.nsf...ayredesignation ... as did most of the local 'spotting groups' on the web?The desigantor change is due to the Earths 'magnetic drift' which is different all over the World so it is very rare for changes like this to be made.Hope this helps

Guest AirPierre

Reggie, any further forward with this??

Following an announcement on AvSim's front page this morning a tool is now available to correct this issue...http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=afxv1Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest AirPierre

Ray,In view of the problems encountered with the ATIS/ATC not recognising the runway number change I have asked a VERY specific uestion of Flight1 as to whether their tool solves the puzzle that Reggie couldn't.As far as I am concerned the jury is still out pending their reply.

Peter,I don't think we'll have long to wait before someone buys it and reports what it can and cannot do.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This is quite an interesting announcement.Actually the most interesting thing will be to see if all the people who have proclaimed they would buy such a program acutally do, especially with two other products available free and close to release.The ATIS issue is a challenge because it apparently is caused by reading the stock airport, but unlike FS2004 does not ignore some of the stock airport information when the addon is different.

I have AFX. I just loaded the stock EGCC and changed the runway designators to 5L/23R and 5R/23L. Saved the new BGL to addon scenery, reloaded the scenery in FSX and tuned in to ATIS. It said runways 5L and 5R are in use for both takeoff and landings. Went to the weather dialog and changed the wind speed and direction, then tuned in to atis again. Now it said runways 23L and 23R are in use. Is this not what you are getting?

Guest AirPierre

Well done that man - seems like the 'problem' has been solved!!That is not what we were getting before?Good news indeed; looks like I may invest now although there are reports of possibly two tools doing the same job which will be free available very soon?Thanx for the feedback - much appreciated :)

Hi,I've just installed AFX and changed the runway designators to 05L/23R and 05R/23L. The BGL was saved in FSXAddon SceneryScenery.I load FSX and when the Free Flight box appears I enter EGCC but the available runways are still listed as 06L, 06R, 24L and 24R.How can these entries be changed? The ATIS correctly uses the new runway designators so FSX seems happy with the modified BGL.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The selection places in the Go to Airports window are Start Locations - not runways.You need to change the designator in the four start locations on the runwasy at EGCC.

Thanks Reggie,You are truly the fountain of all FSX scenery knowledge! :-beerchug

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather