Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

The Bracken Bat Cave (TX55, KSAT)

This is the second post in the set about my visit to the Bat Cave (no, not that one).

This is where we are currently sitting in the H135
TnKpri0.jpg

And here you can see where the cave itself is, relative to the landing field
CjFz5kd.jpg

So, time to unpack the Paramotor and head off!
bGZpdqj.jpg

pEccyJH.jpg

yOEqXRC.jpg

And there it is below. It's not been actually modelled, so it just shows up as looking like a shadow or pool or similar, but I'm pretty certain that's it
XoVJynG.jpg

tflGt2w.jpg

DKTaSiM.jpg

I tried setting the time to dusk but no bats emerged. Maybe some more skilled soul than me might take this place on as a project. Imagine 20,000,000 pixellated bats pouring out of there and heading north!

I'll post this as it has the co-ordinates in the "shift-Z" display.
md3CbGZ.jpg

And now the confession. I really had to cheat with the Paramotor here. I'd converted it a while back and it used to work fine in MSFS, but one of the more recent updates seems to have broken it. So I had to try and do a very slow H135 flight out to the cave and record it, and then substitute the Paramotor as the vehicle on the playback. Got it sorted in the end but I'd rather have a working Paramotor. Maybe I'll try re-converting it and see if that fixes it.

Anyway, enjoy the Bat Cave, well worth a visit.

• Like 5

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

About as far off the beaten path as we're likely to get in MSFS. I salute your exploring ingenuity.

John

• Like 1

Just be careful Andy when you go exploring :

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Cool plane and nice pics.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the exploits of a certain British Secret Service agent....🙂....nice pics...!!

• Like 1