13 minutes ago, Sceadu said:

Personaly I perceive that I had the best overall experience before SU5

Really?? 

SU4 was a stutter fest, still had blocky reflections of clouds on the water (cubemap reflections locked at 96) and the coastlines were a mess.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/su4-code/536739/23

I understand that people get nostalgic even of WW2 BUT...

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Yes really, this is where things get complex, I run a low end system at mostly high settings, Ill bet your system is, oh wait it is i see in your tag line, no doubt run entirely different settings to me also.

Its this refusal from some to believe others see different results from the same base program despite knowing there is widely different hardware and settings in use that make these threads largely a waste of time

Edited by Sceadu

My sim LOD is really bad on regions without photogrametry, even with 400/200 LOD in settings. It looks worse than every other major sim on the market. I have a Ryzen 5800x, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti and a gigabit fiber connection.

Here is how it looks like on SBCF airport.

MSFS 1:

spacer.png

MSFS 2:

spacer.png

X11 (with ortho):

spacer.png

XP 12 (with ortho):

spacer.png

P3D v5:

spacer.png

@Nathos I don't get the point of that comparison when you post XP pics with ortho....

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Is anyone noticed the airport autogen and the autogen near the airport disappearing and than reappearing when approach the airport, you can see this in MrFuzzy's video in 2:42, I have this issue in many place

Edited by Jack2416

13 minutes ago, Krakin said:

@Nathos I don't get the point of that comparison when you post XP pics with ortho....

Rather obvious, really.

XP (and P3D with the appropriate autogen) displays more objects when using ortho than MSFS allows in certain locations.
It's a valid complaint that the MSFS world can look sparse at a distance when compared to waht the older generation sim platforms can achieve.

The pop-up of airfield objects (such as containers and/or vehicles on the ramp, taxiway edge lights and taxiway/runway signage) at a short distance from the user view would suggest that the LOD ranges are set too restrictively.
With higher spec PC components becoming available, Asobo should allow simmers with powerful setups to push the LOD range limits.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

I am using live satellite textures on MSFS, so it's a valid comparison.