3 hours ago, Epicmc said:

yes i have changed the config file before and made the lod factor 8 (800) and read only

My suggestion is to delete your modified config file, let the sim rebuild it, and use the in-sim settings to adjust LOD to the highest they will let you and see what happens. Go from there.

• Like 1

1.Terrain LOD is too high for your specs in that first video

2. You are working with only 4gb of Vram on a laptop (Dont know the specs but your situation is possibly worse if that Vram is shared vs discrete)

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have posted two images from my system showing pin sharp textures and buildings into the distance, so I don't understand why you insist this is an Asobo issue.  Clearly I do not have the issue you have, so it must be something to do with your system or configuration.

You say your laptop has a 3050, but generally laptop versions of a card are not as fast as the desktop equivalent.  Has you graphics card got just 4Gb VRAM?  If so, this may be a big bottleneck for you graphics performance.  My 2080 Ti is over two years old, but look how it matches up to a desktop 3050.  It may just be time for a PC upgrade if any combinations of settings you try don't work.  

Why is Galax GeForce RTX 2080 Ti better than Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop?

• 638MHz faster GPU clock speed
    1350MHzvs712MHz
  • 9.12 TFLOPS higher floating-point performance
    13.45 TFLOPSvs4.33 TFLOPS
  • 93.72 GPixel/s higher pixel rate
    136 GPixel/svs42.28 GPixel/s
  • 250MHz faster memory clock speed
    1750MHzvs1500MHz
  • 352.55 GTexels/s higher texture rate
    420.2 GTexels/svs67.65 GTexels/s
  • 2000MHz higher effective memory clock speed
    14000MHzvs12000MHz
  • 2.75x more VRAM
    11GBvs4GB
  • 424GB/s more memory bandwidth
    616GB/svs192GB/s

i aint opening on the spec disccusion again, lower spec laptops before SU5 as mentoned, did not have this problem, why would a higher spec lapotop have this issue, idc gaming isnt for laptop, all this bs, this isnt my topic, i run the sim smoothly around 30 fps on nearly all ultra without an issue, its all i can get and its whats best suited for me, PC users have reported this issue ever since SU5, so specs are excluded.
not everyone, but alot, some were able to fix it by lod factor 9.xxxxxxxx , some couldnt, i couldnt,

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

My suggestion is to delete your modified config file, let the sim rebuild it, and use the in-sim settings to adjust LOD to the highest they will let you and see what happens. Go from there.

No difference 

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

1.Terrain LOD is too high for your specs in that first video

2. You are working with only 4gb of Vram on a laptop (Dont know the specs but your situation is possibly worse if that Vram is shared vs discrete)

Lower spec laptops runing on ultra still having better visuals than me, again showing this is update related, ever since su5

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

but your system should have no problems

Yeah, tell me about it <grin>

I'm also using the Google map replacement tool, sometimes with their servers and sometimes with the Bing latest depending on the area. And yes, I'm allowing for atmospherics. I have a 4k, 55 inch HDR monitor and am sitting maybe three feet in front of it so I'm pretty happy about what I can see on my system. I tend to be very low and slow, usually below around 2000 feet, and on a bright day and somewhere with good detail I am very aware of distant blur and popping. You can see a very visible tree line in the distance with a blurry background beyond it where no trees/buildings are visible, but they pop into being as you approach, keeping the threshold at the same sort of distance. Some days though, that blur in the distance is a good deal closer, as it was this afternoon around Belfast, and it's the fact that it's not consistent that leads me to suspect server issues. I've got Gigabit broadband being installed in September, just to try and totally eradicate that as a potential issue. I don't actually anticipate it making any difference to the running of the sim, but it's worth having at the upgrade price I got so we'll see.

It is definitely not what is used to be (yeah, I know, the cry of old guys everywhere), and it has definitely gotten even worse for me since SU9. Not much I can do about it, I've already lowered my TLOD to 350 and reduced a few visuals from Ultra to High, which is ridiculous after having spent what I did on the 3090 (and it is a dedicated sim pc and I know what I'm doing with the various setups etc).

At the moment I wait hopefully for SU10. Which may well fix things. That may or may not get unfixed again at a later update. I've long since given up wearing a tin-foil hat, but it does feel likely that some of the original capabilities from the first releases were sacrificed for performance/X-Box compatability.

Still plenty of days where I'm still knocked out by the sim, but I absolutely know it can be better, because it has been in the past.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Still plenty of days where I'm still knocked out by the sim, but I absolutely know it can be better, because it has been in the past.

I see it this way as well.  In large part both cloud depiction and ground textures have taken a turn for blurrier, though ground textures can still be quite good.  And I should say this is on SU9.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Epicmc said:

i aint opening on the spec disccusion again

Understood.

My system is stronger than yours but I have to fix my FPS at 33 to guarantee smooth performance everywhere. With hardware discussion off limits, we are left with configuration of your PC.   MSFS is very frustrating because a particular setting does not guarantee the same end result will be seen on all PCs.  There will be a combination of settings that will improve things for you, but high TLOD by itself isn't it - my TLOD is set at 200 for the results you see in the images I have posted - you have tried much higher settings only to see worse textures.

Perhaps you could go into Dev mode and post images of the results you see?

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Yeah, tell me about it <grin>

I'm also using the Google map replacement tool, sometimes with their servers and sometimes with the Bing latest depending on the area. And yes, I'm allowing for atmospherics. I have a 4k, 55 inch HDR monitor and am sitting maybe three feet in front of it so I'm pretty happy about what I can see on my system. I tend to be very low and slow, usually below around 2000 feet, and on a bright day and somewhere with good detail I am very aware of distant blur and popping. You can see a very visible tree line in the distance with a blurry background beyond it where no trees/buildings are visible, but they pop into being as you approach, keeping the threshold at the same sort of distance. Some days though, that blur in the distance is a good deal closer, as it was this afternoon around Belfast, and it's the fact that it's not consistent that leads me to suspect server issues. I've got Gigabit broadband being installed in September, just to try and totally eradicate that as a potential issue. I don't actually anticipate it making any difference to the running of the sim, but it's worth having at the upgrade price I got so we'll see.

It is definitely not what is used to be (yeah, I know, the cry of old guys everywhere), and it has definitely gotten even worse for me since SU9. Not much I can do about it, I've already lowered my TLOD to 350 and reduced a few visuals from Ultra to High, which is ridiculous after having spent what I did on the 3090 (and it is a dedicated sim pc and I know what I'm doing with the various setups etc).

At the moment I wait hopefully for SU10. Which may well fix things. That may or may not get unfixed again at a later update. I've long since given up wearing a tin-foil hat, but it does feel likely that some of the original capabilities from the first releases were sacrificed for performance/X-Box compatability.

I don’t think SU10 mentioned fixing this, bec pretty much they could and then destroy it later, buildings matter to me, I cared in xplane to have better buildings than clouds and visuals, buildings were the main selling point of fs2020 as to having those amazing visuals, it does tho the trade off of some visuals for performance kills slot of things

50 minutes ago, Noel said:

ground textures have taken a turn for blurrier,

The ground textures I see have not degraded at all, but I have used the Google Map Mod for over a year now.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Understood.

My system is stronger than yours but I have to fix my FPS at 33 to guarantee smooth performance everywhere. With hardware discussion off limits, we are left with configuration of your PC.   MSFS is very frustrating because a particular setting does not guarantee the same end result will be seen on all PCs.  There will be a combination of setting that will improve things for you, but high TLOD by itself isn't it - my TLOD is set at 200 for the results you see in the images I have posted.

Well, thanks for the understanding 

I have tried various settings and I still can’t find a fix other than to just live with it, which ofc isn’t a solution but it’s all I can do really, I have found multiple people complaining and no one finding a fix

Thanks for your video rebuttal . However im not convinced,,, The laptop in the review has 6gb of DEDICATED.. aka discrete VRAM.. You stated you have 4 .. on top of that we do not know if that 4 GB on your laptop is discrete or not. With your hardware having limited resources you have to properly balance them to get the most out of it and Vram is a precious commodity in this sim especially with the upcoming service pack on the horizon.

So i presume you will just live with it since you have stated you have done a clean install with no resolution ..

Good Luck

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Do you have power settings on your laptop that might be throttling performance?

Like others here I'm sceptical that it's an issue with the software itself, because the overwhelming majority of people, with vastly different hardware and internet connection speeds, don't have this issue. For example, I have a tower PC with i7 CPU and GTX 1070, running on ultra settings and LOD 200. It looks incredible with a much further draw distance than your videos show.

If it were an actual bug, I'm sure the issue would be extremely common across various hardware, if not affecting every user's machine...

10 hours ago, Maxis said:

Thanks for your video rebuttal . However im not convinced,,, The laptop in the review has 6gb of DEDICATED.. aka discrete VRAM.. You stated you have 4 .. on top of that we do not know if that 4 GB on your laptop is discrete or not. With your hardware having limited resources you have to properly balance them to get the most out of it and Vram is a precious commodity in this sim especially with the upcoming service pack on the horizon.

So i presume you will just live with it since you have stated you have done a clean install with no resolution ..

Good Luck

Here you go you can check for yourself

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GF63-Thin-10UC/Specification

tho again I’m not convinced this is hardware related bec it wasn’t like this before, before su5, and multiple users have reported this issue from different devices and 90% of the videos iv seen after su5 landing in London or OEJN have this issue 

8 hours ago, March Hare said:

Do you have power settings on your laptop that might be throttling performance?

Like others here I'm sceptical that it's an issue with the software itself, because the overwhelming majority of people, with vastly different hardware and internet connection speeds, don't have this issue. For example, I have a tower PC with i7 CPU and GTX 1070, running on ultra settings and LOD 200. It looks incredible with a much further draw distance than your videos show.

If it were an actual bug, I'm sure the issue would be extremely common across various hardware, if not affecting every user's machine...

Not sure what you mean by power setting, it runing the ultimate performance plan, all my settings are optimized, and up to date and control panel optimized, i run the sim on HIGH end around 28-33 fps, which is pretty good as stander cinematic footage for the sim was taken in 24 fps, my settings average between ultra to high, with only some things on medium bec I don’t need them, and yet I run the sim pretty well, which gives me no reason to upgrade or to wait 4 years until I can upgrade bec I don’t work, I’m still a student and ether way I travel a lot and a laptop is the only best choice for me even if it’s limited, I’m happy with what I have running every game maxed out over 60 fps, I won’t pay another 3-5k SR for another device I can’t afford and only for a sim that has a bug or issue a lot complained about ever since su5