Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

737 Navy out of KCLT

Not Steve Dra's livery - I hadn't found that when I did this setup but I have now, so next time!

This is just me playing around with the 737 still. Hot start on the runway, hand flying to the height and general direction I want to go in, then basic autopilot on while I look around and play with the visuals. Heading off from KCLT and turning around to head SSE, vaguely toward the coast (well, it IS a Navy livery!)
9ZDYgGp.jpg

gMITH0L.jpg

pMahTFM.jpg

quite liking the atmospherics so far
WEX2i3I.jpg

but then thought I'd move the clock forward a bit
2v7GAJb.jpg

8jF0QhY.jpg

rNliDJD.jpg

and then went up a bit higher
DBhvCCQ.jpg

And then I had to go and do real world stuff so canned it.

• Like 7

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Excellent screenies, Andy. Was it difficult to master the 737?

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

8 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Excellent screenies, Andy. Was it difficult to master the 737?

Hah! The only thing I've ever mastered, Bernd, is getting the top off the whisky bottle. I've just been reading through a thread on the main forum where there's a discussion about the Kodiak. I can't believe the level of detail people get in to when flying these things. I know it's all about personal taste and interests, but to me, having to know the sort of stuff folks were going on about in that discussion is not any kind of pleasure - it's a total PITA. I have one plane I have bought that insists I learn its procedures before I can even start the d*mn thing, and I've just written it off as money wasted (in fact I emailed the maker to complain that they hadn't stated in their sales blurb that it actually couldn't be used via Ctrl-E etc. Didn't even get a reply, welcome to my sh*tlist, mofos)

As for the 737 though, it does let me start on the runway with the engines running, which is what I want from any aircraft. Cold and dark is where I sleep, not how I want to start in an aircraft. Only exception to that are the various choppers. I have just got myself an FCDU app though that I can run on my tablet, so I plan to get to grips with the basics of setting up a flightplan etc, but trust me, they won't be realistic plans - assuming I can set my altitudes as I want all the way (low, very low). But all the rest of the rigmarole, I shall ignore it. Get in the air, go into autopilot, get in to outside view probably, or just do something else while I record the flight to play about with on replay. Landing is the only other time I'll get involved, and I still need lots of practice to do that even vaguely acceptably in this thing - it comes in way faster than I'm used to and doesn't seem to want to slow down very quickly (if you see what I mean).

I really like the look of it, and it obviously has the complexity there if I want it at any point, but it also lets me fly it without having to get into pilot cosplay mode.

But master it? Ain't gonna happen in this lifetime. Maybe if I come back as a serious simmer next time round <grin> (and please, let there not be any such thing as reincarnation. I've enjoyed this but once is enough, thank you)

19 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Wonderful shots! 🙂 

15 hours ago, johnbow72 said:

Superb shots Andy . 

10 hours ago, fscabral said:

Evening colors...so nice!

Thanks folks, I really quite like this plane (within the context of my comments to Bernd) and it has lots of great repaints available, which makes it an ideal candidate to investigate all sorts of locations. And like a few of us, I just can't stop myself taking screenies when I'm out and about!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.