Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Citation II works for me!

Having just read a not-so-pleasant post earlier this week I thought I'd try to balance the scales a wee bit: I've never owned - nor even flown a "corporate Bizjet" - the closest, I suppose has been either MAAM-Sims' B25 (??) or Dreamfleets B727, but Eaglesoft have always been right up there with the big guns when it comes to reputation for quality, and I always see lots of help to posters coming from them - particularly one Bill Leaming - (whom I DIDN'T know was part of Eaglesoft until forcefully pointed out in the other post). So today I went to the site and did a good look-see: tonight I bought the Citation II for FSX and I have to say I'm pleased as punch! As I use TrackIR my concern was the ability to control and fly the aircraft wholly from the VC. Well, Bill answered that query - you can! In fact the aircraft is sufficiently friendly that I was able to complete a sight-seeing, 11,000ft, VC only flight from KPAE down to KSEA without reverting to the 2D screens at all. (or reading the extensive manual that (apparently) comes with it). Control of the radios was just fine, with all switches being quite instinctive and readable, with the intercept and switch to approach mode on the AP being flawless. I didn't have any speed figures to go by, but it followed the G/S without hunting too much. It takes a long time to learn an aeroplane, and my previous love was the FS9 Dreamfleet 727, but with FSX, SP1, ASX, UTX here and the 727 not - and FSX performing the way it is - the way I want it to be, I have to move on. Thank you Eaglesoft: This is one fine replacement!"100 to go. . ."http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173988.jpg:-beerchugRegards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for posting Paul. Glad to hear you are having fun with her.Seems the positive posts are sometimes overshadowed by the negativity displayed by a few.:-( With few exceptions all of our feedback has been very positive so far and we hope you enjoy your CII for years to come:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Paul, thank you very much. I'm rushing to the counter while the coupon has not expired yet.

Oh my God! She's beautiful and smooth like silk in FSX. Thanks, guys. I've been waiting for a friendly add-on jet for a while. You wanna keep good frame rates in your FSX - go for her. Btw, there are quite detailed manuals on GNS530(!) and SN3308A. Excellenf fot an entry level at least. Happy, honestly happy. (Got it cheap, you can cancel that coupon now, ES, it's worth more, lol. Sorry, guys). :)FSX-2007-jun-20-003.jpg

Hey - bad publicity can sometimes be good! Not everyone holds the same opinion when it comes to product bashing . . . :-lol:-lol:-lol

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Shrek1970

just by interest what operating system are u guys running

Me on WinXP SP2. Seriously, good plane. I had it in FS9, could not see nothing on the panel in 3D, but still liked it even then. Had to retrofit cursing ES. Now I feel compensated in FSX for its best FPS/QUALITY ratio.Important, it feels flying right, it looks and sounds real good.

The original poster's system is in his signature. The picture at 50 fps is obscene. Showing a pic with 50 fps is like tempting me with a Sports Illustrated Swim suite model; I'll never see anything like that and I can't afford it anyway. LOL.Bob..

>I can't afford it anyway. LOL.Ha ha, The discount coupon gets it for $16.77...now that's affordable:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Nice shot Dirk!Yeah. . I was getting 28 or so on the approach into SEA, Bob - most things most of the way up: main things are water 1L, not too much aircraft or roads, no bloom, no flare. Running UTX and ASX on XP, SP2 - FSX runs quite smooth, no stutters or blurries. The road traffic from UTX is utterly unbelievable, considering FSX default runs one highway with not too much on it.The shot is pretty typical in the Seattle area. It certainly shows you CAN have a decent sim for not too much money. That rig set me back 1600 Canadian back last September, so I guess you could build it for 12 U$ if you looked around.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174011.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174012.jpg:-beerchug

>>I can't afford it anyway. LOL.>>Ha ha, The discount coupon gets it for $16.77...now that's>affordable:-)>Hi Ron,I wasn't lamenting about the cost of your plane, which is a good value. Just the cost to upgrade my computer system. And I don't have a Sports Illustrated swim suite model. :)Bob..

>Yeah. . I was getting 28 or so on the approach into SEA, Bob>- most things most of the way up: main things are water 1L,>not too much aircraft or roads, no bloom, no flare. Running>UTX and ASX on XP, SP2 - FSX runs quite smooth, no stutters or>blurries. The road traffic from UTX is utterly unbelievable,>considering FSX default runs one highway with not too much on>it.Blimey... it must be XP...! I have Vista and also a E6600, 2 Gb Ram but a 8800GTX. Should beat your setup, you would say, but I really can't put Autogen at Extremely... Even Very dense gives me low fps here and there, and that's with traffic completely OFF, apart from 10% GA and 10% cars. And I do not have UTX. Clouds are at their LOWEST possible. Very frustrating. Also because I do have blurries. But I'm happy for you, of course. ;) What resolution doe you run? And FSAA and AF?

>>>I can't afford it anyway. LOL.>>>>Ha ha, The discount coupon gets it for $16.77...now that's>>affordable:-)>>>>>Hi Ron,>>I wasn't lamenting about the cost of your plane, which is a>good value. Just the cost to upgrade my computer system. And>I don't have a Sports Illustrated swim suite model. :)>>Bob..Haha. Yeah Bob, I don't have a swimsuit model either and am still waiting to see what I want to do about hardware/system myself:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ouch! Yes -ut's XP, SP2, JvE. Res is 1680 x 1060 at 16 bit - not 32. Makes a small difference, I think, and I don't notive any degradation in video quality unless I Really look.. . The only thing on the ATI card which is not max is the Catalyst AI. AA is set only in CCC, AF is max and set in the sim: Trilinear selected. I think that Vista is probably not only a resource hog, but will have new driver issues, too. I do wish I had your 8800 though, as it would enable the use of TripleHead2Go, which I would dearly love to try. Cheers.(PS Anyone know where I can get a swimsuit model?) ;-)

>The original poster's system is in his signature. The picture>at 50 fps is obscene. Showing a pic with 50 fps is like>tempting me with a Sports Illustrated Swim suite model; I'll>never see anything like that and I can't afford it anyway.>LOL.>>Bob..>>Had to get my glasses but looks like 58+ to me...I may want to build my next system along the lines of his:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png