Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

On from Hearst Castle, up the coast to KHAF

Carrying on from my previous post, I'm heading up the coast towards Monterey, Santa Cruz and then putting down at KHAF. Same yellow P-51 but made the weather a bit more changeable. Quite nice as we head off though -
iz4Oo6H.jpg

TKKxGn7.jpg

Not sure, Big Sur may or may not be around this part of the coast. Had a very nice two night stopover there once. Lovely place.
xW3inkU.jpg

2VzU4J7.jpg

BW1wVhh.jpg

Past Carmel now, turning in over Monterey
3zxsxYY.jpg

Weather taking a turn for the worse, just going to buzz the tower on my way past
BRdLM74.jpg

Carrying on up Monterey Bay towards Santa Cruz, weather seems to be heading in the opposite direction
P9MCXuF.jpg

7NdyPtJ.jpg

Oa0PoCW.jpg

o1UDLB1.jpg

Approaching Santa Cruz. Been in the air over 40 minutes now so as usual for me, starting to get stutters, low bandwidth messages, and cr*ppy PG making its presence felt
Ywlc1gh.jpg

q20WLuo.jpg

If you've got a big monitor you might be able to blow this up and enjoy the view of the boardwalk and the rides here. I was taken here on the first weekend of my first business trip to silicon valley back in 1987. It was everything I had hoped for as a kid bought up in the 50s and 60s on a diet of Beach Boys records, Hot Rod magazines and all the other American cultural imperialism of the day. I remember there were actual Hell's Angels on proper Harleys (unheard of in the UK then), rather stunning young women in bikinis roller skating along the pavement, and plenty of custom cars tootling around. And this was a trip I was getting paid to be on! Oh, and proper burgers (and I don't mean MacDonalds), when back in the UK we only had something called a Wimpey Bar (presumably named after the character in Popeye)
ZtpIsyJ.jpg

Off round the headland into Half Moon Bay
H8cfzct.jpg

T9I2IGE.jpg

Getting a bit nasty again
320IlDy.jpg

my usual trick, wheels down way too early (unless I forget them altogether <grin>)
1EgCWKk.jpg

WWOWXsx.jpg

And here we are, done. Looks like we kept the sunshine here but they're catching it over KSFO way
RaF54QU.jpg

I do love that PCH journey, both for real and here in MSFS. And the beauty of all this is that I can do it any time I like now here in the sim. Mind you, it works almost as well in both XP and P3D with ORBX's True Earth products (ahh, back in the days where they used to give a s**t)

• Like 6

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Excellent shots Andy , too bad about Orbx ; just another Simmarket now . 

• Like 2

Truly awesome shots, Andy. Thanks for the ride!!

16 hours ago, johnbow72 said:

too bad about Orbx ; just another Simmarket now

I agree with you, John. But I think they didn't have a chance otherwise with offices in the UK and Australia etc etc. I remember that I have spent quite a sizeable amount of money on their excellent TE series. Now we don't need to do that anymore and my CC is happy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great shots buddy , with nice mountains around and i do love those old ladies 😍

OK, these yellow color isn't mine but what does it matter, flying is the point..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png