Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Trainsim World 3 has launched.

11 hours ago, Javiz said:

A sad state of affairs, really... I loved MSTS, Railworks, Trainsimulator as much as MSFS. Until i stumbled over the freeware virtual railway work of one brilliant man by the name of Mackoy. He called it Boso View Express or BVE (always found that a pretty funny name ;-). But finally a trainsim that got the physics of a moving train right. And not only the visual part, the sounds were something to behold as well.

Thanks for this very interesting info. I had no idea this even existed. Youre right about the other train "sims" they just dont get the feel of it right. For those interested in BVE heres the Wiki on it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BVE_Trainsim

And you can snag it here:

https://www.bvets.net/en/

On 9/14/2022 at 1:24 PM, F737MAX said:

Dovetail Games are a disappointing group of developers. There are very few new features to justify a purchase of TSW2 over TSW, certainly not enough to buy TSW3 over TSW2, let alone to hike the price as much as they have for the standard version, IMO.

Numerous bugs, re-used assets and routes, semingly a lack of desire to repond to their customers' comments/suggestions, plus the sandboxed nature of their platform (no third party products nor workshop freeware mods) mean their sim has ever less appeal after each paid update.

But on the other hand this is not true with Dovetail Games Train Simulator Classic (the final version I think was released in 2020). There are currently over twenty-seven thousand free addons in the Steam workshop, all made by private users. It's what flightsimulator.to is to  MSFS, only ten times larger because of the longevity and popularity of DTG Train Simulator.

Trainsim.com is a great forum.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.