Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

For the longest time I have been hesitant to make this post, but....

Guest Jim Knows

I feel alot of sympathy for those not enjoying FSX because of blurries and/or other problems. But on my end, I have no blurries whatsoever, nor any other problem for that matter.I have an AMD 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core with 4 gigs of ram and a single 7950 GT KO 512 video card with the latest 94.24 video driver. I am using windows XP Pro (32 bit) w/ FSX SP1.I have all the sliders cranked up to max except for Autogen Density (AD) turned right off,(looks more like satellite photo scenery without AD anyways), and NO real weather updates. When flying I get the ATIS report like in real life, then I set the weather manually according to the ATIS report. And inflight, I update the weather manually by getting new ATIS reports like in real life for cross-country flying. I also have everything else but the kitchen sink up to the max settings, including bloom, max water settings, max everything and I just can't get any blurries. I also have ALL AI to maximum settings and still no blurries or problems. I tried forcing settings so I could get either the terrain or sky blurries and still blurries will not show up. The scenery couldn't be more sharp or crispier and it updates beautifully with very smooth frame rates, no stutters. Whether I am flying over major cities or not, it doesn't matter, everything stays nice and crisp giving very sharp images.Using tileproxy , I had a blurry problem that really upset me to the point of wanting to quit flight sims as in my mind, if I couldn't fly real VFR, then what was the point, as this flight sim is a traing tool for me to assist me in the real world of flying. But when I started using the FSX SP1 AA and AF rather than the video card driver's AA and AF, plus setting TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=1.00 (yes, I said 1.00) in the fsx.cfg file, plus toning down AI Airline & GA aircraft to 50% with vehicules at low, boats-ferries-ships off, everything in Tileproxy updates beautifully keeping everything razor sharp no matter how long or how far I fly. Example: This weekend, I went on a marathon 10 hour non-stop flight involving Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and still no blurries.But just FSX SP1 by itself w/ no real weather updates and no AUTOGEN DENSITY, I can throw everything but the kitchen sink at it and she runs beautifully with no blurries of any kind, nor any other problems of any kind.I am flying only with the KATANA DA20-A1 from Aerosoft (payware) as thats the aircraft I fly in real life.Like I said at the beginning, I was really hesitant to make this post as I was afraid it would be received as rubbing salt in the wounds of those pulling their hair out working hard trying to get their FSX to their liking. I thought about it and thought about it for weeks, but then I thought maybe rather this post might encourage folks rather than discourage them.I can't thank Phil Taylor, the Aces team and Christian Buchner enough for providing me with these 2 software goodies that will save me thousands of dollars in flight training dollars as I have not repeated a training lesson yet (which adds thousands of dollars in flight training when you are training to be a flight instructor with lots of ratings), much to the surprise of many flight instructors at the flight academy I am training at. So much so, I have already been guaranteed employment upon graduation.Goodluck Guys/Gals

Guest CDAhmedEH

You want to know why you have no blurries ? Its because you have disabled the auto gen. Try enabling the auto gen, and watch the terrain blur. Right now, I'm OK with no auto-gen and I get great FPS even with a system almost half of yours !

Guest Jim Knows

There are 2 autogen sliders in Scenery Objects. I only have the second Autogen slider off by choice only, not because it causes blurries or other problems. The 1st Autogen slider in Scenery Objects is at maximum. With the second autogen slider off in Scenery Objects, in my opinion the sim looks more realistic without it on, like satellite photo scenery. That second slider in Scenery Objects only provides you with extra trees that makes it look like a cartoon. With the 1st autogen slider at max, I still get all the buildings and other autogen items.If I wanted the Autogen Density (2nd slider) on, I could still put it on and the results are the same. But I shut it off by choice as it makes the sim look more realistic.

Sounds like you are talking about the scenery complexity slider vs. the autogen slider of which there is only one. I run fsx the same way.But I agree--no autogen with the photo real textures looks more like the real world view from an airplane until you get down to 500 agl or so. Tileproxy makes it totally real. ;-)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>Sounds like you are talking about the scenery complexity>slider vs. the autogen slider of which there is only one. I>run fsx the same way.>>But I agree--no autogen with the photo real textures looks>more like the real world view from an airplane until you get>down to 500 agl or so. Tileproxy makes it totally real. ;-)>>Same here. The Global (whatever) slider is at full force for all those airport and city buildings. Autogen just seems to ruin the illusion thats possible with high resolution "photoreal" with it's cartoony buildings. Except for the possibility of a few trees, which I don't miss that much; I wouldn't use autogen even if it had no fps impact.L.Adamson

Guest abulaafia

well said. why people want to have these ridiculous houses displayed is totally beyond me.also echoing the OP, I have no problems whatsoever and I am impressed by the support PhilTaylor & Team are providing on this forum and his blog. doesn't feel like M$ at all.

Guest CDAhmedEH

>doesn't feel like M$ at all. Never have I seen something like this. The ACES team did an excellent job. They're at least listening. There must be a lot of 'evangelists' there ! :-)

Guest kingairvols

I have FSX installed on my second HD by itsself to allow what I hope the best performance.I hate to ask a real dumb question but I dont understand (what appears to be 2 payware add ons) to inhance your FSX. I have heard of "Aces team" but dont understand what to do.Could you please share what is important to take away from this in my effort to set up my FSX to get the most from the software.I hope this is not to much to ask, but thank you in advace.If there is any think I can do to help on my end please let me know. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Hey kingairvols-would the vols part be knoxville?-I'm flying down there next week..Tileproxy is free but you need to know what you are doing e.g. naybe don't mess with it ..till Christian comes out wth a non "beta" version. It is incredible though if you can figure it out-I can't fly without it.The aces team developed fsx..As far as setting up fsx-lots of trials and errors-but hopefully you will find the sweet spot thru trial and error.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Redvan

you mean to say you can max all settings and run FSX well? What kind of FPS and amount of blurries are you getting with all maxed? Reason I ask is I'm looking to build a desktop next year and would like to know what systems currently are proven to run FSX well... screenies would be awesome!

Guest kingairvols

Yes Sir,I earned my MS from UT. If i remember things right I belive there is a Cardinal that was payware for FS9 based out of Knoxville TN. By chance would you be visiting the "payware organization based out of Knoxville?You mentioned thru trial and error I would get FSX running better or somthing along those lines.I have purchased for FSX FSG, and the FSG landclass.COuld you please offer some guidence on a next logical step to get things moving along. I went back over stuff and really do not know (logically or else) in which thought pattern to focus on in an effort to put the various puzzel parts together.I hope you dont mind.It dose seem that a new PC will be needed (ie a 64 bit machine, one of these days)to appreciate the progessive level of the FSX software.Thank you very much.P.S. A nice tevern on "the strip" in Knoxville used to be "The olde Collge Inn".

Just visiting my sister in law down there for a couple of days.For my machine-a lowly PIV 3.2, geforce 7600 512k, vista ultimate I find 4 things take the biggest hit-autogen, water, ai traffic,& light bloom. So I'd start but turning them all down/off-then crank them up to get the performance you want. In my case-I leave light bloom off, water on the lowest setting as I don't really care for the water effects except when flying over oceans, and put ai traffic at about the 10-20% level. You will find that the photo real scenery runs exceptionally well and has incredible looks-would suggest looking at the megascenery hawaii package-fairly cheap and it will give you a sense of what is possible here. Tileproxy will do much the same for free with some complications as it is still in beta-check out the tileproxy forum if you want to learn about that.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Heyyyyy KingAir, yessir I went to UT, Austin also, great school ;) Just kidding :) That plane you refer to is the Cessna 177RG Cardinal. It was the first payware airplane I ever bought. FSGenesis landcast and mesh are excellent products. They come with their own installers. Justin has a forum that is good at answering any questions or solving problems. I didn

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hi Jim and welcome to the forums!You shouldn't be reluctant to post here. Each of us have different systems and experience levels (simming and real world flying). My standards are pretty high now and FSX is not meeting them. And it is not meeting them because I can only utilize a small number of the new features with my hardware. I will also argue that my high expectations are not solely gained from the base products delivered by Microsoft. In fact the majority of my satisfaction with FS9 (and all earlier ones) comes from the incredible add-on products from our developers. There is a perfect model of what a flight simulator franchise looks like without add-on developers; Xplane. The fact that FSX leaves no headroom for additional complex aircraft/scenery's etc. is it's greatest weakness. In fact on my system, it doesn't leave any headroom to fly near big cities or with traffic or auto-gen and on and on and on. LOL. So my experience and satisfaction with FSX is opposite yours; which is OK. :) I have years worth of places to visit in FS9 until FSX is optimized and pruned by ACES. And I will continue to tweak FSX occasionally. The most important thing is to have fun, which we are both doing! :) Bob...

>There is a perfect model of what a flight simulator franchise>looks like without add-on developers; Xplane.???Commercial (very cheap by FS standards)http://www.3pointaircraft.com/http://www.c74.net/xplane/_xpo_coop.htmlhttp://www.forjets.netfirms.com/http://myvirtualhanger.com/index.htmlFreewarehttp://x737.eadt.eu/Home.htmlhttp://www.xplanefreeware.net/barry/index.htmlhttp://x-plane.org/extnewdownloads.shtmlSure it might look a bit different from the FS stuff but the X-Plane World is buzzing with new developments and add-ons. Just look at the x-plane.org site.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg