Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Removing Autogen Buildings but leave the trees

Heya,I've been trying to tweak FSX to get just trees autogen and no buildings except for area specific ones like Big Ben and the London Eye in (suprisingly) London etc. I have renamed roofdescriptions.spb which seems to have got rid of a large number of Autogen Buildings but I still seem to get the large square ones with a courtyard (see attached photo) which I would like to get rid of. Renaming the default.xml file seems to get rid of these buildings, but also most of the trees which is not what I want.Is there an easy way to edit the default.xml file to get rid of these large buildings? Does such an edited file already exist "out there" somewhere?RegardsAlistair

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A great many 'Generic Buildings' and 'Custom Library Objects' are in the OBXnnnn0.bgl files.Some are also in the individual APXnnnn0.bgl files.However some are created by the properties of the various landclass types.Removing texture files will stop them from displaying - but will cause FSX to search much longer and user more power to try and find the missing textures.Other than replacing the land class with a general type with no buildings - I'm not sure what you want to accomplish can be done.You might look into photoscenery tiles with usually have no landclass definitions for buildings, etc.

You can't exclude JUST autogen buildings or JUST autogen trees. You can exclude BOTH but not either individually to the best of my knowledge.What I would do is:1) use FSX_KML to make an exclude...I'd use the Airport_Backgrounds_Exclude_Autogen tag for the polygon.2) if buildings STILL appeared, I then they must not be autogen. That would tell me that they were in one of the OBX files in FSXSCENERY. This means that those buildings would need to be excluded using an xml command, that I would put in a scenery xml file to compile thru bglcomp.Those buildings look like european autogen though. Probably #1 would work.If you wanted to add trees back in, you could do that, but you would have to manually add them as . The bglcomp SDK tells how to use these xml commands.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Hello Alistair,An interesting technique. While you are at it, rename the Extrusions.spb and that should remove the polyline buildings. Haven't tried it.However, this will also remove fences and bridges, I think.Oh, and don't forget the fsx.cfg file:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1000or any value you choose.Best regards.Luis

>>2) if buildings STILL appeared, I then they must not be>autogen. That would tell me that they were in one of the OBX>files in FSXSCENERY. This means that those buildings would>need to be excluded using an xml command,>that I would put in a scenery xml file to compile thru>bglcomp.>FSX KML v1.09 also supports ExclusionRectangles so no need to manually code a XML. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=105424

Hi Alistair,I have been happy just using the FSX.cfg tweak. Here's how I set it.[TERRAIN]. . . TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1. . .I have also set the _BUILDINGS_PER_CELL to 0 (zero) but when the tweak was first revealed, someone from ACES suggested that might not be a good idea. I could see little if any difference.The nice thing about this method is the ease of use and the abilty to remove those two lines from the config file and undo your change if you don't like it.R-