Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

A request for developers

I have a request for aircraft developers with future FSX products. Please add a VC cockpit with no visual cockpit. I am a pit builder. There are many of us pit builders out there. We use separate monitors or instruments in the cockpit. While I love the cool VCs, sometimes I want to fly just using the cockpit gauges and have a clean outside view.I might also mention that I use three monitors with a TH2Go and IRTack. I suspect that more and more simmers will be going this route as prices drop. It is the best visual value for the money available. A blank VC will give me the best of both worlds.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm sure in FS9 there was the ability to pan around using the 2d cockpit. You had to amend something in the FS9.cfg file but I can't remember what. Not sure if this still applies to FSX.

I read somewhere you can modify the camera.cfg file for this. I havent done it for this, but I have made some mods for pan/zoom and it works.

You can easily "turn off" the VC for any FSX aircraft via a simple edit to the model.cfg file:{models]normal=B737_800// interior=B737_800_interiorAdding the // marks at the beginning of the line will disable the VC for that specific aircraft.If you later want the VC back, simply remove the // marks! ;)