Sign in to follow this  
kasheee

Plane stalling

Just to summarize all of above . One can stall at any airspeed as long as critical AoA is reached. Normal stalls that we practice in training (power off, power on) are done with load factor of 1.For example,  If we bank airplane 60 degrees while holding same altitude load factor with increase 2 times. Below is VG diagram that shows relationship between load factor vs speed envelop and resulting stall or structural damage

vg_diagram-e1359589070397.gif

Edited by sd_flyer

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

If you'd like to learn more about "how flying works" I can highly recommend the book below. Required reading for student pilots.

spacer.png

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Some of the others in this thread are able to speak with more authority than myself.  But the important thing to remember is what sd_flyer said above.  You can stall at any speed, what is relevant is the critical angle of attack.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

4 minutes ago, TrafficPilot said:

If you'd like to learn more about "how flying works" I can highly recommend the book below. Required reading for student pilots.

spacer.png

That book kept me safe in many years of flying in real life. Every pilot should read it. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

First, explain to the kid what makes a balloon go up. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That book kept me safe in many years of flying in real life. Every pilot should read it. 

I had trouble understanding the theory behind "Power for pitch, Elevator for airspeed". That book helped explain it to me.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Just to summarize all of above . One can stall at any airspeed as long as critical AoA is reached. Normal stalls that we practice in training (power off, power on) are done with load factor of 1.For example,  If we bank airplane 60 degrees while holding same altitude load factor with increase 2 times. Below is VG diagram that shows relationship between load factor vs speed envelop and resulting stall or structural damage

For the glass cockpit simmers: What you are seeing here is basicly the PFD speed tape and its dynamic envelopes (low energy / overspeed) incl maneuvering speeds. Pull back hard on the PMDG 737 and watch the stall speed limit skyrocket upwards on the speed tape as you increase wing loading.

I think I have career in flight instructing. 😁

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

13 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

For the glass cockpit simmers: What you are seeing here is basicly the PFD speed tape and its dynamic envelopes (low energy / overspeed) incl maneuvering speeds. Pull back hard on the PMDG 737 and watch the stall speed limit skyrocket upwards on the speed tape as you increase wing loading.

I think I have career in flight instructing. 😁

So if you think you have career in flight instructing you want make sure that your students understand how to fly airplane regardless glass or steam 🙂

15 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So if you think you have career in flight instructing you want make sure that your students understand how to fly airplane regardless glass or steam 🙂

Steam is becoming rapidly obscure around here. Especially with the insane avgas prizes we see (some aerodromes charge 4 dollars/litre, almost 16usd/gal.). Very motivating dragging along in old Lycoming O-320s and their 10gal/hr burn. 

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

9 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Steam is becoming rapidly obscure around here. Especially with the insane avgas prizes we see (some aerodromes charge 4 dollars/litre, almost 16usd/gal.). Very motivating dragging along in old Lycoming O-320s and their 10gal/hr burn. 

Not up in here LOL We make pilots not magenta line operators 🙂 I recommend you to watch Ice Pilot show and airframes people makes money up north