Sign in to follow this  
solito

pms50-gtn750 problem

I am using the pms50-gtn750 with my Flysimware Cessna 414 and it worked OK in the past, now I have problems with all its buttons and icon options, with the exception of the direct to, and the home buttons. Now every other icon or button included Nav and Com frequencies shows some operation lag, as they only operate once holding the mouse left button over them for a while, and then once they change colour, releasing the mouse button the option selected works . Of course it is very unconfortable and unpractical.

I tried uninstalling either the Cessna 414 and the pms50-gtn750 from the oficial site, but no way. Does somebody have the same problem ? Thanks

50 minutes ago, solito said:

I am using the pms50-gtn750 with my Flysimware Cessna 414 and it worked OK in the past, now I have problems with all its buttons and icon options, with the exception of the direct to, and the home buttons. Now every other icon or button included Nav and Com frequencies shows some operation lag, as they only operate once holding the mouse left button over them for a while, and then once they change colour, releasing the mouse button the option selected works . Of course it is very unconfortable and unpractical.

The latest C414 version is 3.2, and the latest, mandatory, PMS50 GTN 750 version is 2.1.45. Are these the versions you are using?

50 minutes ago, solito said:

I tried uninstalling either the Cessna 414 and the pms50-gtn750 from the oficial site, but no way.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by the above statement.

Finally, do the click spots on the C414 EFB (tablet) screen work?  If not, check if you have a Heavy Division 787 addon in your Community folder. If you do have it, remove it from the Community folder. This mod is known to cause problems in the C414 with the EFB and GTN screens.

Al

Edited by ark

Hello!

Some problems here, too:

A few minutes ago I tryed to make a flightplan CYQM - CYQB with Kodiak and payware version 2.1.45 GTN 750. I can input Departure + Procedure and Arrive airport with Approach procedure but not a route waypoints. I tryed input the route a few times but finally all GTN system freezed.

A few days ago I haven't any problems with combination JustFlight Piper & GTN750.

Rolf

Edit

I tested this with JF Piper and there is everything ok so the problem seem to be Kodiak - no GTN 750. I have sws-pms50-gtn750-aircraft-kodiak100 mod installed.

Edited by romoni

Rolf Niemi

19 hours ago, ark said:

The latest C414 version is 3.2, and the latest, mandatory, PMS50 GTN 750 version is 2.1.45. Are these the versions you are using?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by the above statement.

Finally, do the click spots on the C414 EFB (tablet) screen work?  If not, check if you have a Heavy Division 787 addon in your Community folder. If you do have it, remove it from the Community folder. This mod is known to cause problems in the C414 with the EFB and GTN screens.

Al

I should have write "Uninstalled and reinstalled the Cessna 414 and the PMS50 GTN 750 from the oficial sites" So I am sure to have the latest versions of both.

I dont have the Heavy Division 787 addon

21 hours ago, solito said:

Now every other icon or button included Nav and Com frequencies shows some operation lag, as they only operate once holding the mouse left button over them for a while, and then once they change colour, releasing the mouse button the option selected works .

Sounds like you are using the Lock tool-tip (Cockpit Interaction System) option. You could try the Legacy tool-tip option to see if that helps.

Al

Same here, evenm downloaded latest version 2.1.58 into Carenado PC12, but it won't display anything but home screen and direct to. Even changing VOR frequency won't work. However, it used to work all right 3 weeks back (version 2.1.56 at that time). I haven't changed anything other than the latest FS2020 update few days back. But from what I saw, this was all about the A310.... Does anyone have odea how to fix? Thanks Michael

3 minutes ago, michhart said:

Same here, evenm downloaded latest version 2.1.58 into Carenado PC12, but it won't display anything but home screen and direct to. Even changing VOR frequency won't work. However, it used to work all right 3 weeks back (version 2.1.56 at that time). I haven't changed anything other than the latest FS2020 update few days back. But from what I saw, this was all about the A310.... Does anyone have odea how to fix? Thanks Michael

Check this: 

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I can't even get the PMS GTN750 to show up in the Cessna Chancellor 414 MSFS. I have the pms50-instrument-gtn750 folder in the community folder. I just bought the Chancellor I should have the latest copy of both the aircraft and GTN750. Is there something you need to do to turn it on? I see the GTN750 in the content manager of MSFS. Can someone help me?

41 minutes ago, pgonta said:

I can't even get the PMS GTN750 to show up in the Cessna Chancellor 414 MSFS. I have the pms50-instrument-gtn750 folder in the community folder. I just bought the Chancellor I should have the latest copy of both the aircraft and GTN750. Is there something you need to do to turn it on? I see the GTN750 in the content manager of MSFS. Can someone help me?

Make sure you select a livery for the C414 that has the PMS50 GTN in it.. there are three categories of liveries..!

• Like 1

Bert

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Make sure you select a livery for the C414 that has the PMS50 GTN in it.. there are three categories of liveries..!

Thank you for your help and fast response, Bert, that was so simple to fix. 

• Like 1

I just downloaded the PMS50-GTN750, unzipped and copied to MSFS Community Folder today.
I have been flying the FSW35a using the Garmin 530 for two months and want to try the GTN.
I have planned on using the pay ware version as soon as I see the free ware working.

The GTN750 is not showing up in its Lear 35 livery and the Content Manager shows PMS50-GTN750 as 'Not Installed'.     Now what?

Headwind

Hmmmm.  Make sure that your unzipped PMS50 is not a nested folder. Also, make sure you select the proper livery.  That’s how the Lear knows which GTN to install, PMS or TDS.

good luck and the support at PMS50 discord is top notch so you will be able to sort it out with them if needed.  Invite link to their discord below

https://discord.gg/8weNBUbK

Good luck,

-B

Edited by btacon

Thank you.  I know I have the correct livery.  The cockpit GTN Bezel tells me to go download the needed file frop the pms50 folks.

UPDATE: Yep, you were correct.  It was nested.  I should have known better to check it.
The Flysimware folks do the same thing with their stuff.
I HATE IT when the install directions are not correct and don't warn you that the needed file is nested.

Good Catch btacon.   

Cheers Headwind