Sign in to follow this  
FBW737

FSDT ILS26L or for that matter 26R

Is it just me or has the option to select the ILS approach to 26LorR gone in the MSFS 2020 flight planning page?

16 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

select the ILS approach to 26LorR gone in the MSFS 2020

Airport ?

19 minutes ago, polosim said:

Airport ?

Yeah that wold be helpful alright! LOL!

CYVR

27 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

CYVR

Sorry, i have FSimStudios CYVR version. 

Using NaviGraph nav data, no issues to select ILS26L or R for this airport in the MSFS 2020 flight planning page.

Edited by polosim

1 hour ago, molleh said:

do you have navigraph nav data installed in msfs?

No I don't. or if I do I'm not aware of it.

I never had a problem with selecting ILS 26L in the flight planning page of MSFS before but now it gone from the drop down list. For CYVR of course.

Well, I can usually solve these problem myself. On this occasion I had to go nuclear with a complete windows and sim reinstall. Not a big deal since it gave me the opportunity to clean up and reorganize. BUT! Much to my surprise the same issues persist as in the first post. Any Ideas?

40 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

Well, I can usually solve these problem myself. On this occasion I had to go nuclear with a complete windows and sim reinstall. Not a big deal since it gave me the opportunity to clean up and reorganize. BUT! Much to my surprise the same issues persist as in the first post. Any Ideas?

Yeah that's not going to be it. No need to reinstall Windows, it's sim related.

Does it just not show up in the silly flight planner thing? Can you still get an ILS signal?

It shouldn't matter, you can come in off the STAR or a standard routing in to CYVR and intercept the ILS just fine probably.

I don't use any flight planning software. No sids/stars. Just the basics for me. The ILS approaches are just not showing up in the drop down list in the MSFS flight planning page. They used to but not any more. I didn't mind doing the re-install for Windows and the sim. It was kinda due. This issue just gave me the excuse to do it.

You wouldn't flightplan an ILS as it is. Does the ILS work in the aircraft is the question?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

We don't include/change any of the Approaches in the airport, we just use the ones in the default Navdata and, it seems there's a bug in the default Navdata that, according to Asobo, has been fixed in the latest SU11 Beta:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/11912/bug-missing-ils-approaches-at-cyvr.html