Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

Bought the KA350i Beech during Blackbird's flash sale !

Had some time up my sleeves to install the KA350i on the weekend.

And loving it.

One of the few planes I have where CRTL+E will not start the plane, gotta be by the book although there is a ready to start option that's almost CTRL+E.

This plane I noted has a number of model texture load errors occuring, just have to live with them at present... and I did also notice the Hobbs counter was inop and found some fixed gauges in the forum to bring it into life.

As well while reviewing the exterior I saw the wheels not quite touching the ground, fortunatelly an easy fix - just had to adjust those wheels downwards a little and once those were done I loaded up a few extra liveries, added my own effects and the mighty 350i was ready to fly.

Wheels not quite touching the ground, kind of reminds me of Arthur Dent's girlfriend in "So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" since her feet didn't quite touch the ground.
spacer.png

Post adjusting the wheels and adding new liveries.
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This one reminds me of the black Disaster Area stunt ship Zaphod and crew stole and as Zaphod called it "one mother of a mover" where "light seemed to fall into it".
spacer.png

A closer look underside of NZ4201
spacer.png

Blew an engine first flight - be because I'm used to Carenado 350 pedal to the metal engines that never break.
spacer.png

And it started raining.
spacer.png

Finally a nice flight.
spacer.png

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
Fix urls
  • Like 3

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

That was one of the best in depth addons for P3D.  I helped beta test it long ago.  I don't know if a native P3D v5 version was ever released.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks great ……. but being a CTRL- E simmer ; I will have to take a pass 🤓 .

• Like 1

Great shots but model and load errors will make this a deal breaker until they fix it.

Jack Sawyer

Hi Jack ! .

Not what you want to say on a plane though, bet you've heard that a million times 😉

There are no real model or actual loading problems, it looks like a couple of redundent texture references captured only when I have logging enabled.

The only real items were the wheels height and the Hobbs meter, which I'm surprised got past beta testing given I found them in the first 15 minutes of review. Fortunatelly both were simple resolutions.

I just happen to prefer to enable logging when I install a new aircraft, in order to review what is actually recorded in the logs, given the vast majority of aircraft do have something to log.

This has just a  couple, and is absolutely no problem, as a comparison Carenado a/c typically log hundreds of items, but one of the worst ones I've come accross was the Aerosoft Consolidated PBY Catalina v1.22 x64, one that I consider to be a very poor x86 to x64 conversion where I had to resolve the following items.

•    Install via the add-on.xml method pathing issues
•    Overcome ASC.dll CTD issues (sound dll)
•    Overcome gauge errors
•    Overcome xml errors in the virtual cockpit model

There was around ~40,000 lines of model xml code to review and correct as the a/c has 7 different models of the aircraft.

All up there was around 65,000 lines of code reviewed and corrected, where the reward was a very unique and well functioning aircraft with engine realism that I'm happy to fly.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D