Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

Rolled back to SU10 now I have a few problems

To make a long story short I "tried" SU11 but thankfully I was able to roll back to SU10 with some good help from here. Now the game shows me as offline when I am clearly online. The controls are Greyed out to change my status. But the most important thing is concerning ai control. So don't come for me but I use the ai control function to follow planes from gate to gate and I enjoy that but now when I start and check the atc window I get the message saying that electric controls need to be on to use the ai control button and atc window. I don't see any chatter from other planes either, the screen is just blank. I don't remember this happening before and I have all the ai control buttons selected so I am baffled by this. Has anyone else noticed this and what solution did you find? thank you 

A number of folk have had issues trying to roll back, most resulting in having to do a reinstallation of the sim. The joys of Beta and risk anyone joining takes by being in it.

The trouble only comes when some join  just to get the latest greatest thing, not realising the consequences of their actions.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

The only thing I know to try is to move the little fs-base-nav folder out of Official.

I realize you have already moved fs-base and fs-base-ui-pages. But there's a small chance that fs-base-nav may need to be removed so MSFS can reload it. Doing that has helped me with issues (I have no idea why because I don't see where anybody else has mentioned that this helps. But it's the first thing I try when things are wrong).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

As I read on some forums, it is possible to move two packages Official\Onestore\fs-base* and launch MSFS which will seeing this, downlaod again the good packages (of SU10).

{EDIT] Sorry, we have the same idea at the same time 😉

Edited by lagaffe
  • Like 1

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Thank you but that did not work. I deleted all of those but still have the same issues. I guess I should just reinstall and take all the stress out. What is the proper procedure to reinstall? I have a few addons but thankfully its "easy" to reinstall those. The only thing that I am fearful of reinstalling is all my aig packages because I have each and every one of them.

6 minutes ago, bosflo said:

Thank you but that did not work. I deleted all of those but still have the same issues. I guess I should just reinstall and take all the stress out. What is the proper procedure to reinstall? I have a few addons but thankfully its "easy" to reinstall those. The only thing that I am fearful of reinstalling is all my aig packages because I have each and every one of them.

I would try going back to the SU11 beta and see if the issue is fixed before reinstalling.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Before you reinstall or remove anything, does the sim still indicate you are Offline (choices greyed out on both Online statues and Server selection)?

Do you have Multiplayer active?

Randall Rocke

I reinstalled SU11 and everything is back the way it was. I can't use REX weather that I just bought but that will happen soon, I hope. The status is still showing offline, and the two selections are greyed out. I don't play multiplayer and never have ever used it. Maybe it's just an SU11 thing but my traffic works and the ATC and AI control work, so I think that's a win.

21 minutes ago, bosflo said:

I reinstalled SU11 and everything is back the way it was. I can't use REX weather that I just bought but that will happen soon, I hope. The status is still showing offline, and the two selections are greyed out. I don't play multiplayer and never have ever used it. Maybe it's just an SU11 thing but my traffic works and the ATC and AI control work, so I think that's a win.

Is General options - data - multiplayer turned on?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The reason I asked about Multiplayer was your statement about your status showing offline.  I'm not having any other issues but that is certainly a problem right now.  I don't have any "offline" notifications when starting the sim but I wasn't getting world scenery, live weather or any other "online" attribute.  When I checked my online status it was like yours - it indicated Offline and was greyed out for any changes. The Server selection was also greyed out.

After a little online searching I discovered others had a similar issue if Multiplayer was turned off.  I went into Options and turned on Multiplayer - Bingo!  Now, I have full Online functionality and everything is back.  I just thought you might want to check that setting out in case the Offline situation continues.

I also don't use Multiplayer at this time and I would prefer that it was off, but if turning it on gives me full online functionality, then I'll leave it on until they resolve whatever has happened.

Randall Rocke

14 minutes ago, RandallR said:

The reason I asked about Multiplayer was your statement about your status showing offline.  I'm not having any other issues but that is certainly a problem right now.  I don't have any "offline" notifications when starting the sim but I wasn't getting world scenery, live weather or any other "online" attribute.  When I checked my online status it was like yours - it indicated Offline and was greyed out for any changes. The Server selection was also greyed out.

After a little online searching I discovered others had a similar issue if Multiplayer was turned off.  I went into Options and turned on Multiplayer - Bingo!  Now, I have full Online functionality and everything is back.  I just thought you might want to check that setting out in case the Offline situation continues.

I also don't use Multiplayer at this time and I would prefer that it was off, but if turning it on gives me full online functionality, then I'll leave it on until they resolve whatever has happened.

Set this to OFF (Group only) and you won't see any players, unless they are in your group. That's how I always use it.

screenshot-2022-10-24.jpg

Alvega