Sign in to follow this  
speedbirdmuc

PMDG 747 creates Sim freeze

Hello fellow flightsimmers,

I was recently flying in the PMDG 747-400 when my vPilot Client disconnected me and said: "You´re flight sim appears to be frozen, you were disconnected from the network". This happened around 7 hours after depature. I can clearly tell that the actual flight sim was still running. Sadly I noticed, that the PMDG 747 was uncontrollable. I even wasn´t able to move the camera via ChasePlane. After restarting ChasePlane I noticed, that it didn´t detect my flight sim anymore. 

I can´t tell if the bug is P3D or PMDG related. I also expereinced the problem on the PMDG 747-8 and a similar problem on the PMDG 777-200LRF. 

Did anyone experience a problem like that? 

PC specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
RAM 16GB
KIOXIA-EXCERIA SSD (where my sim and the PMDG are located on)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

Best regards,
Paul

Are you using Rex Sky Force and do you keep it open all the time? The way you have described your issue points all the fingers to Rex sky force which has a bug that crashes simconnect after around 6-7 hours of flight freezing all the other apps.

7 hours ago, David Vega said:

@simfan1983, I also have had CTDs but on other aircrafts. What about having MS Office 365 installed? 

I previously found that Office 365 was causing random CTDs on my system, both on Windows 10 and Windows 11 - related to the accessdatabaseeEngine that PMDG installs for RAAS. It usually happens a long time (several houra) into a flight. There are some threads about this in the LM forum. After I removed Office365 that solved the issue for me. For some reason they just wouldn't play well together with my addons and setup. In event viewer it often presented as a non specific memory error, but sometimes you get an office on win32 dll error reported. It would happen on any aircraft, not just the PMDG fleet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

I previously found that Office 365 was causing random CTDs on my system, both on Windows 10 and Windows 11 - related to the accessdatabaseeEngine that PMDG installs for RAAS. It usually happens a long time (several houra) into a flight. There are some threads about this in the LM forum. After I removed Office365 that solved the issue for me. For some reason they just wouldn't play well together with my addons and setup. In event viewer it often presented as a non specific memory error, but sometimes you get an office on win32 dll error reported. It would happen on any aircraft, not just the PMDG fleet.

The Office error in my experience was down to the version of FS2Crew RAAS that comes/ came packaged with the 747. Disabling/ removing it or (as I later did) replacing with the full version with the subsequent updates I personally found solved the CTDs.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

On 10/30/2022 at 8:45 PM, simfan1983 said:

Do you have MS Office 365 installed?

If you mean Word, PowerPoint etc. individually, then yes. I can try to uninstall them.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:20 PM, Nocturnal said:

Are you using Rex Sky Force and do you keep it open all the time? The way you have described your issue points all the fingers to Rex sky force which has a bug that crashes simconnect after around 6-7 hours of flight freezing all the other apps.

Yes I do. It´s always about 6-7 hours after depature. Should I quit REX Sky Force in midair and open it again on descent? 

Thanks to all replies
Paul

Edited by speedbirdmuc
More clarity in the topic

28 minutes ago, speedbirdmuc said:

If you mean Word, PowerPoint etc. individually, then yes. I can try to uninstall them.

Yes I do. It´s always about 6-7 hours after depature. Should I quit REX Sky Force in midair and open it again on descent? 

Thanks to all replies
Paul

It was MS Access that was causing issues for me and I couldn't uninstall individual components with Office 365. Looked into buying the full version of RAAS to solve the issue but it's 41 Euro. Only worth considering if you are getting Win32.dll or Office errors in event viewer, otherwise it's probably something else. I don't have REX and that seems to be a more likely cause.

23 hours ago, speedbirdmuc said:

If you are using Active Sky (am guessing you probably are) then there's no need to keep Rex open. It's an old issue with Rex where it crashes simconnect after around 6-7 hours.

Edited by Nocturnal

4 hours ago, Nocturnal said:

If you are using Active Sky (am guessing you probably are) then there's no need to keep Rex open. It's an old issue with Rex where it crashes simconnect after around 6-7 hours.

Thank you! Just made a flight without a sim crash. Always thought, that REX SkyForce needs to be running beside ActiveSky. 

Once again, huge thank you!

Best regards,
Paul