Sign in to follow this  
darshonaut

littlenavconnect and SU 11

I tried to run littlenavconnect after the SU11 update of MSFS but it doesn't start up correctly anymore. It just is a white display.

Are there any issues known with littlenavconnect.exe and SU11 of MSFS or is it me that is the issue here in using it ? 🙂

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

For me, LNM seems to start normally, but does not connect to MSFS properly, so that the position of the aircraft is not indicated on the map.

• Like 1

MSFS, i7 9700K, RTX 2070, 32GB

Same here, LNM says its connected but no a/c position shown on map. So, will wait for the dust to settle and see what happens.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

According to a post two below, this is fixed in unreleased beta 2.8.2. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 11/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, darshonaut said:

I tried to run littlenavconnect after the SU11 update of MSFS but it doesn't start up correctly anymore. It just is a white display.

Are there any issues known with littlenavconnect.exe and SU11 of MSFS or is it me that is the issue here in using it ?

I see no issues here. Even autoconnect in Navmap and Navconnect is working without problems. No matter what program start order I use. Please file an issue to Asobo if you see such problems.
Fact is that MSFS was updated breaking the function and not LNM.🤷‍♂️

One sure known problem is that active pause in the sim breaks SimConnect and LNM does not even connect again after restarting. I filed an issue to Asobo but so far there is silence.
Do not use active pause.

EDIT: Other third party tools like FSLTL can also break connectivity. Seems MSFS SimConnect is quite messed up with this release.

19 hours ago, pgde said:

According to a post two below, this is fixed in unreleased beta 2.8.2. Stay tuned!

I think you're talking about another issue which is the missing city and state names for airports. This was fixed.

Alex

Edited by albar965

19 hours ago, w9nwrwi said:

Same here, LNM says its connected but no a/c position shown on map. So, will wait for the dust to settle and see what happens.

Today it is working just fine..Beats my two pair. So, disregard my post as quoted. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

just a humble reminder that the issue I opened this thread for is not with Little Navmap but with Little Navconnect which are two different programs.

As I seem to be the only one using it and everybody else is using the thread to talk about Little Navmap itself, I will take my support questions somehwere else 🙂 No offense 🙂

I may add that there are zero issues with Little Navmap on my system, it works as fine as it always has. Awesome program !

I just can't get it to talk to my other Little Navmap installation on my second PC (Laptop) via Little Navconnect.

It's not really a major problem, as I can still use the LNM webserver to mirror to a website page, but it's not optimal.

I will run some more tests to find out the circumstances that may cause this. over and out.

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

Just now, darshonaut said:

just a humble reminder that the issue I opened this thread for is not with Little Navmap but with Little Navconnect which are two different programs.

Already noticed but the connection code is absolutely the same in both programs.

1 minute ago, darshonaut said:

As I seem to be the only one using it

Definitely not. I also tested Navconnect with SU11.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Already noticed but the connection code is absolutely the same in both programs.

Definitely not. I also tested Navconnect with SU11.

That's already perfect to know, that it's not a general problem. So the issue is at my end. thanksa lot 👍

Edited by darshonaut

I have the same problem but it seems to be linked to the Milviz products (Beaver and C310). Navigraph works fine.

Johan Pienaar

Hello, I have the same problem since su11, I use 2 programs like I did before 

little navmap wait for connection and littlenav connect is connected to sim, but they don’t’ connect together 

i reset network settings on my two pc and restart I can connect the software together 

if I restart msfs and LNC, LNMP will not be able to connect anymore to LNC

Very strange 

Frédéric Giraud

6 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

little navmap wait for connection and littlenav connect is connected to sim, but they don’t’ connect together 

i reset network settings on my two pc and restart I can connect the software together 

This is more a network or firewall issue and different from the OP problem.
What error messages do you get? Does the port numbers match?
Also the addresses of computers might change from time to time depending on router setup.

Alex

I found the solution and want to post it so that other may find it.

I usually run LNM on the Flight SIm PC and and my litle old Notebook and connect those via littlenavconnect.exe

When SU11 came out I tested if it would be better to use a second Monitor instead of the Notebook.

Somehow, my Main Monitor was recognized as Screen two and the new additional Monitor as screen 1 (In Windows). No big deal.

I did not like having the second large monitor and unplugged it to return to my former setup with the Notebook.

Now everytime I opened littlenavconnect.exe it flashed shortly and then didappeared although running in the task manager.

So I made the assumption it was some issue with the program and SU11.

But littlenavconnect.exe was simply still thinking it should be run on the additional second Monitor which windows recognized as Monitor 1. Even though that Monitor was not physically connected to the PC anymore.

Now I plugged back in the second monitor and voilá there was littlenavconnect running.

I dragged it back to the Main Monitor and unplugged the second Monitor again.

Now it*s working again on my Main (and only) Monitor and I can connect to the small Notebook like usual.

pheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww.........

Edited by darshonaut
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

Now it*s working again on my Main (and only) Monitor and I can connect to the small Notebook like usual.

Thank you! I'm sure this will help others with similar problems as well.

Alex