Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

ATC malfunction when using the new inibuilds A310

Ok, this may be an issue on my side but I still dont know how to get it fully working. If i turn radio volume up at the pedestal, I am able to hear ATC talking to me and AI planes. But planes talking to ATC are still completely silent.

Is there some mic switch i need to activate which i am not aware of?

With me what happens is that apart from the first contact with the ATC, on all of the subsequent ones I can only ear the firts word of the message.

I can then open the ATC window and read the full message text, but I can't ear the whole message 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have the same problem as jcomm.

What is interesting, that if I switch to an outside view, then the voices are getting back to normal. I can hear everything (both me and the controller)

Same issue here. 10 minutes of ATC voice, then it does some odd pause like it is jammed up, then no ATC voice, only pilot. Happens on all the planes I tested so far. The only thing common is that an odd pause happens in the ATC window, the window responses are not selectable for a bit, and then the ATC voice disappears. It is a bug lots of people are having per some other forums.

I have too a weird problem with voice of the pilot with default ATC. I can hear the voice from the controller and is normal but the pilot doesn't have voice and the subtitles from the ATC are blinking when the pilot "talking". This happen just with A310. With other airplanes everything is normal.

2 hours ago, David27 said:

I have too a weird problem with voice of the pilot with default ATC. I can hear the voice from the controller and is normal but the pilot doesn't have voice and the subtitles from the ATC are blinking when the pilot "talking". This happen just with A310. With other airplanes everything is normal.

I had this issue and I reluctantly backed up my 'Community Folder' and items I purchased in the OneStore folder.  I then preceded to uninstall FS via the 'Add/Remove' option in Windows and do a complete reinstall of the sim in the same location via the Xbox app.  Found on the first try the download got stuck but the install went through without issue.  I uninstalled again and had a perfect install.  After putting everything back my issue was gone.

Moral of the story just like with Windows it's best not to do an update but a complete fresh reinstall to insure you don't have any problems.  There's no telling what Asobo has tweaked in the sim which mean code can get scrambled up.  I have PTSD of the old FS days but a reinstall now takes only 20 minutes at best to ensure all bugs are out the code.😏

Rule of thumb, if 10 million users aren't complaining it must be our local install.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2