Sign in to follow this  
lomasca

How do I import simbrief flightplans into Carenado DA62?

Help!

I purchased the Carenado DA62, as it has fully updated navigraph compatibility (as a real G1000 operator, I can say it's harder to enter waypoints in this sim than the real thing). Essentially, it's painstaking to try and enter the waypoints into the Carenado G1000if there's more than a few of them, and the interraction with selecting deps/arrivals and waypoints is completely backwards compared to the real thing.

• Question - Is there any way to download a simbrief flight plan into it? - similar to how you would with an Aerosoft Airbus for example? I can't see any Carenado options in the export/download list?

I tried exporting as an FSX flight plan and uploading it through flight planner - but this doesn't actually upload the route, just the origin and destination

I'm running FSX SE and have a full navigraph subscription

Thanks

Chris

Edited by lomasca
Additional clarity on my question

As far as I know, if you have a Navigraph account, you should be able to export MSFS flight plan format .pln files directly from Simbrief, then load them into an MSFS plane. So you should be able to open these normally into the MSFS World Map I use this all the time. 

not sure if it’s the same with no account - but Simbrief used to be a free resource.

3 hours ago, lomasca said:

Help!

I purchased the Carenado DA62, as it has fully updated navigraph compatibility (as a real

Sign into Simbrief, it's still free, and see if it lists the cycle for the Navigraph data that came with your aircraft.  If no data was included then you'll need a Navigraph subscription to secure the data required by the G1000.

After you created your flight plan in Simbrief it will generate the flight plan in the correct format for your aircarft.

Ernest Pergrem