Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

TOGA Projects are back

Just now, kmax59 said:

Hi @simfan1983, what kind of installation issue did you meet?
As any software there are always known issue, some issues were pending, some were solved in the past, but here, there is no installation issue remaining that are on our known issues list.

Our installation system is normally pretty straightforward, when installing any of our product it should automatically install our user interface (Envdir) and/or update everything as needed and launch Envdir, then you are ready to go.

I explained my issue on your forum and was told you don't support Windows 11. Also, the SimMarket files for EnvShade require a patch, and as you will know from the forums, there are quite a few people having issues with EnvDir. If you can get the installation process sorted I'm sure that would encourage a number of people to look at EnvPlus - but for me I'm afraid the bridges have been burned already.

10 minutes ago, simfan1983 said:

I explained my issue on your forum and was told you don't support Windows 11. Also, the SimMarket files for EnvShade require a patch, and as you will know from the forums, there are quite a few people having issues with EnvDir. If you can get the installation process sorted I'm sure that would encourage a number of people to look at EnvPlus - but for me I'm afraid the bridges have been burned already.

About the Windows 11 support, as many developpers we do not guarantee 100% it's working as it's untested. The entire team uses windows 10 for its stability, that being said, many users of our product actually do use windows 11 without any issue and we have included everything needed in our app to work properly with Windows 11.

As far as the few Envdir issues, they've been resolved for quite some time now. And further improvements were made on the version published with today's release.

When it comes to Envshade files on SimMarket, well, I'm sorry but I don't know what you are talking about, nobody complained when it comes to Envshade installation, sincerly. There is nothing on our forum about this, and we have not received any mail about such an issue. 
What is the exact issue about the files?

We have never refused to fix issues (it's been 6 years we are providing free updates on Envtex, 5 years for Envshade) and if there is anything wrong, I'll be glad to work on this, but there absolutely nothing known from us at this time.

Edited by kmax59
  • Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

1 hour ago, DChockey08 said:

Do you have EA on? The couple things I think I don’t like are: too much haze, and clouds not properly blending into the horizon. No product yet has been able to fix this in EA. 

All of this is managed in Envplus 🙂 
Of course we will keep enhancing it, as shaders are never perfect but we will keep working on them to get them as close as possible from perfection.

• Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

17 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

When it comes to Envshade files on SimMarket, well, I'm sorry but I don't know what you are talking about, nobody complained when it comes to Envshade installation, sincerly. There is nothing on our forum about this, and we have not received any mail about such an issue. 
What is the exact issue about the files?

Try Googling 'Envshade installation issues'. Just one example here:
TOGA Envshade - can't get it to load properly P3Dv5.3 - The Prepar3d Forum - The AVSIM Community

Do you not realise that SimMarket wants you to download a patch with the main product and this has been the case for a long time? Anyway, I wish you the best, sincerely as I know you have been facing some challenges in the last year or two.

1 hour ago, simfan1983 said:

Try Googling 'Envshade installation issues'. Just one example here:
TOGA Envshade - can't get it to load properly P3Dv5.3 - The Prepar3d Forum - The AVSIM Community

Do you not realise that SimMarket wants you to download a patch with the main product and this has been the case for a long time?

Well, I think there is simply a lot of confusion here from the original poster:
The error message he is talking about is linked to Envtex (which also include shaders for precipitations in v4 and v5), it is totally normal in case the v5 expansion is not properly installed. If it displays it means the v5 content is not found on your computer, and the answer is in the message itself, you simply need to install it. If you already did and it still triggers the message, that means something prevented the installer to write the registry entries.
Also Envdir cannot mess your shaders or the whole P3D installation because, as a protection, if the sim version installed on your PC is not supported by Envtex or Envshade, Envdir simply skips the items that may break your sim and triggers this error message. Same applies for Envplus and/or if any file is missing.

Honestly, we have always put as much safety as possible in our softwares to prevent any mistakes like these.

The simmarket installer wants you to download a patch yes, this is normal, and it's been made so you don't need to manually download all the latest updates. It downloads and installs everything for you so you are ready to go immediatly.
I just went through a full reinstallation of all our products and everything went well, each product installer installs the products as expected, then installs the updates. Once done everything was activated and ready to go.

I just wish users would post in our forum instead of posting here where there is much less chance that I spot the topic. It's true that I've been much less active on our forum, but at some point I've always answered the important issues.

I can confirm none of our product are/were abandonned, they are all tested and working smoothly on the latest version of Prepar3D (and also that I don't live in Russia but in France ahah, I don't know why it's a popular belief that I am Russian)

Anyway, I wish you the best, sincerely as I know you have been facing some challenges in the last year or two.

Yes it's been a tought year on the personnal side, thanks a lot for your kind words, I sincerly appreciate 🙂

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

On 12/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, Sabre57 said:

Ever since Rex pretty much abandoned P3D, at least their products that I used, I 've abandoned them.  I'm definitely looking forward to this.  

REX is updated and works....FYI

Alex 

45 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

REX is updated and works....FYI

I'm with @Sabre57 here Only SkyForce has been updated, and it took almost 9 months for them to update Skyforce to V5. Worldwide Airport Airports HD, Environment Force, Texture Direct and Weather Radar have not been updated, the later 3 having being officially abandonned. Environment Force had a product life of only 8 months after release.

But anyway, I'm glad TOGA is back with full support for P3D, I was pleased to see on Simmarket that Envplus is on today's top sellers 🙂

• Like 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Rex SF is and it is important since it's compatible with ENVISION and works really nice......REX APTS and everything else I am not sure we will ever see for P3D.

• Like 1

Alex