Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

XP-12 Free Demo

54 minutes ago, Doering said:

Is there a link to what is offered in the trial version?

https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

its identical to the full version but only accepts control inputs for 15 minutes (and maybe only has a small area of scenery it will allow you to load)

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

If you are talking to the xplane demo, it has everything that is in the full version, only it is limited to Portland and surroundings, and limited in time, you get 15 minutes to roam around.

If you want to try it at cruise levels in one of the default aircraft, enable Map View (default "M" key) click over your aircraft symbol in the map  and a popup window allowing to place it at a given altitude and speed will give you that chance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Does the Demo have the updated code from the latest beta? Or is it the original release? I'm about to give it another go with my new PC. 

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Does the Demo have the updated code from the latest beta? Or is it the original release? I'm about to give it another go with my new PC. 

RC3 has problems with a graphics glitch, at least in my RTX 3060Ti unless I set the shadows slider to the minimum (full left), and there is still fine tunning to be done regarding high speed lift and drag in the transonic / supersonic range ( a kind of detail most other sims don't even "know" about... DCS and IL-2 being exceptions ).

I would wait for RC4 to test it...

There is no way though I can feel like being there in night flying compared to MFS. This is a big show stopper for me because unless I accept the way night is done in a purely procedural sim like Airlinetools, I ewxpect at least some coherence in lighting effects, and XP12 has less than acceptable night lighting IMO.

Feel of flight, even in a moded WW2 fighter I got from  the .Org is, OTOH, 180º from the other sim. Absolutely amazing! I'd say easily at the level of DCS and IL-2. But I know the scenery and the graphics are very important to you, so, honestly, don't loose your time and go instead for a rewarding Fenix or PMDG 737 flight in MFS...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

RC3 has problems with a graphics glitch, at least in my RTX 3060Ti unless I set the shadows slider to the minimum (full left), and there is still fine tunning to be done regarding high speed lift and drag in the transonic / supersonic range ( a kind of detail most other sims don't even "know" about... DCS and IL-2 being exceptions ).

I would wait for RC4 to test it...

There is no way though I can feel like being there in night flying compared to MFS. This is a big show stopper for me because unless I accept the way night is done in a purely procedural sim like Airlinetools, I ewxpect at least some coherence in lighting effects, and XP12 has less than acceptable night lighting IMO.

Feel of flight, even in a moded WW2 fighter I got from  the .Org is, OTOH, 180º from the other sim. Absolutely amazing! I'd say easily at the level of DCS and IL-2. But I know the scenery and the graphics are very important to you, so, honestly, don't loose your time and go instead for a rewarding Fenix or PMDG 737 flight in MFS...

Yes but is the Demo RC3 or as per the original?

26 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Oh my God. Download it and you will see.

It costs no money only some time, and if your lifetime its not woth it, then leave it.

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

1 minute ago, Dirk.M said:

Oh my God. Download it and you will see.

It costs no money only some time, and if your lifetime its not woth it, then leave it.

Just tried it. Whacked everything on max. CTD. Tried again and it still looks terrible. Sorry. I'm done.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The base install is always downloaded and then using the installer you can update, opting for "beta", and it'll fetch the necessary update files.

Again, you're going to feel disappointed with the scenery, lighting mostly at night, default ATC, overall functionality...

But it is indeed a small download, so it doesn't hurt that much to try it...

Main Simulation Rig:

9 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Sorry. I'm done.

Any excuse for a big party is a good excuse for a big party 🥳, You buying the beer? 🍺  🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺 ?

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Any excuse for a big party is a good excuse for a big party 🥳, You buying the beer? 🍺  🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺 ?

Of course! Anytime! 😀

• Like 1