Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Doering

XP-12 Free Demo

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Doering said:

Is there a link to what is offered in the trial version?

https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

its identical to the full version but only accepts control inputs for 15 minutes (and maybe only has a small area of scenery it will allow you to load)

Edited by mSparks
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are talking to the xplane demo, it has everything that is in the full version, only it is limited to Portland and surroundings, and limited in time, you get 15 minutes to roam around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to try it at cruise levels in one of the default aircraft, enable Map View (default "M" key) click over your aircraft symbol in the map  and a popup window allowing to place it at a given altitude and speed will give you that chance.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Flight Simulation is the virtual materialization of a Dream...

CFR = Cat Flight Rules... Flying with a Cat in the glareshield - requires special Certification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the Demo have the updated code from the latest beta? Or is it the original release? I'm about to give it another go with my new PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Does the Demo have the updated code from the latest beta? Or is it the original release? I'm about to give it another go with my new PC. 

RC3 has problems with a graphics glitch, at least in my RTX 3060Ti unless I set the shadows slider to the minimum (full left), and there is still fine tunning to be done regarding high speed lift and drag in the transonic / supersonic range ( a kind of detail most other sims don't even "know" about... DCS and IL-2 being exceptions ).

I would wait for RC4 to test it...

There is no way though I can feel like being there in night flying compared to MFS. This is a big show stopper for me because unless I accept the way night is done in a purely procedural sim like Airlinetools, I ewxpect at least some coherence in lighting effects, and XP12 has less than acceptable night lighting IMO.

Feel of flight, even in a moded WW2 fighter I got from  the .Org is, OTOH, 180º from the other sim. Absolutely amazing! I'd say easily at the level of DCS and IL-2. But I know the scenery and the graphics are very important to you, so, honestly, don't loose your time and go instead for a rewarding Fenix or PMDG 737 flight in MFS...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Flight Simulation is the virtual materialization of a Dream...

CFR = Cat Flight Rules... Flying with a Cat in the glareshield - requires special Certification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jcomm said:

RC3 has problems with a graphics glitch, at least in my RTX 3060Ti unless I set the shadows slider to the minimum (full left), and there is still fine tunning to be done regarding high speed lift and drag in the transonic / supersonic range ( a kind of detail most other sims don't even "know" about... DCS and IL-2 being exceptions ).

I would wait for RC4 to test it...

There is no way though I can feel like being there in night flying compared to MFS. This is a big show stopper for me because unless I accept the way night is done in a purely procedural sim like Airlinetools, I ewxpect at least some coherence in lighting effects, and XP12 has less than acceptable night lighting IMO.

Feel of flight, even in a moded WW2 fighter I got from  the .Org is, OTOH, 180º from the other sim. Absolutely amazing! I'd say easily at the level of DCS and IL-2. But I know the scenery and the graphics are very important to you, so, honestly, don't loose your time and go instead for a rewarding Fenix or PMDG 737 flight in MFS...

Yes but is the Demo RC3 or as per the original?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Yes but is the Demo RC3 or as per the original?

Oh my God. Download it and you will see.

It costs no money only some time, and if your lifetime its not woth it, then leave it.

 


My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dirk.M said:

Oh my God. Download it and you will see.

It costs no money only some time, and if your lifetime its not woth it, then leave it.

 

Just tried it. Whacked everything on max. CTD. Tried again and it still looks terrible. Sorry. I'm done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Yes but is the Demo RC3 or as per the original?

The base install is always downloaded and then using the installer you can update, opting for "beta", and it'll fetch the necessary update files.

Again, you're going to feel disappointed with the scenery, lighting mostly at night, default ATC, overall functionality...

But it is indeed a small download, so it doesn't hurt that much to try it...


Flight Simulation is the virtual materialization of a Dream...

CFR = Cat Flight Rules... Flying with a Cat in the glareshield - requires special Certification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Sorry. I'm done.

Any excuse for a big party is a good excuse for a big party 🥳, You buying the beer? 🍺  🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺 ?

 


AutoATC Developer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Any excuse for a big party is a good excuse for a big party 🥳, You buying the beer? 🍺  🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺   🍺 ?

 

Of course! Anytime! 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...