Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

RC6 Released

15 hours ago, GoranM said:

You are a very rare individual in these forums.  It'd be nice if more people could take a leaf out of your book.  Unfortunately, there is something called "buyers pride".  And way too many people in the MSFS forums have it overflowing.

Buyers pride is not restricted to any one forum/group. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Buyers pride is not restricted to any one forum/group. 

True.  However, that is where the numbers talk.  MSFS users outnumber X-Plane users by a fair margin.  So the buyers pride is more prevalent over there.  And it magnifies when they egg each other on.  

It's safe to say the X-Plane users in avsim are sick and tired of being called cultists, trolls, fanb*ys, etc...Too many people, developers included, refuse to come here because of it.  I'm literally the last commercial developer who is even posting now, after taking a break since February.  There were many more.  Why would we want to keep coming here to subject ourselves to this, when there are other X-Plane forums where we feel more welcome.  

What baffles me is, the MSFS users don't even realize that the more they come here to throw around insults, the less we want to even consider trying MSFS.  They're staining the franchise for the people in here, and personally, the more they do it, the less I want to even consider making add ons for it.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, GoranM said:

True.  However, that is where the numbers talk.  MSFS users outnumber X-Plane users by a fair margin.  So the buyers pride is more prevalent over there.  And it magnifies when they egg each other on.  

It's safe to say the X-Plane users in avsim are sick and tired of being called cultists, trolls, fanb*ys, etc...Too many people, developers included, refuse to come here because of it.  I'm literally the last commercial developer who is even posting now, after taking a break since February.  There were many more.  Why would we want to keep coming here to subject ourselves to this, when there are other X-Plane forums where we feel more welcome.  

What baffles me is, the MSFS users don't even realize that the more they come here to throw around insults, the less we want to even consider trying MSFS.  They're staining the franchise for the people in here, and personally, the more they do it, the less I want to even consider making add ons for it.  

I’m not really interested in continuing this tired old debate. I hope you have a better experience and can find a forum that works for you. Good luck and have a great day. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why would we want to keep coming here to subject ourselves to this, when there are other X-Plane forums where we feel more welcome.

That's interesting. I've been restricted and moderated on the org forum for having different opinions. I've been told I'm "trolling" while old timers on there were mocking everyone who said that some things are not right with x-plane. It still baffles me why some developers still use that platform for support, when moderators essentially deny support to paying customers.

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

19 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

That's interesting. I've been restricted and moderated on the org forum for having different opinions. I've been told I'm "trolling" while old timers on there were mocking everyone who said that some things are not right with x-plane. It still baffles me why some developers still use that platform for support, when moderators essentially deny support to paying customers.

I am restricted and moderated here right now.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉