Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Looking for Garmin GNS trainers!

Hi all,there have been training programs for Garmin GNS430/530 GPS devices (maybe also other ones), I believe they could be downloaded for free from the Garmin website. Musta been years ago though. *:-* Can't find them anymore on their site.So I am asking if anyone knows what I mean and if yes, if it is still possible to get them somewhere else. Or even better, in the unlikely case anyone still has the installer files, please shoot me a message. I am especially interested in the 430.Thanks in advance.Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi all,>>there have been training programs for Garmin GNS430/530 GPS>devices (maybe also other ones), I believe they could be>downloaded for free from the Garmin website. Musta been years>ago though. *:-* Can't find them anymore on their site.>>So I am asking if anyone knows what I mean and if yes, if it>is still possible to get them somewhere else. Or even better,>in the unlikely case anyone still has the installer files,>please shoot me a message. I am especially interested in the>430.>>Thanks in advance.>>Cheers, :-beerchug>Etienne :-waveHERE -->http://www.garmin.com/include/SimulatorPopup.htmlthey are listed as simulators

You are my hero. Thanks a ton bro. :-hahBut even now I can't figure out which links to follow to get to that page LOL :-lolCheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

I hope that we get the Reality XP GNS products into FSX sometime, I love adding that to one of my GA aircraft, and find it graet practice for the real thing.I also have an add-on program (non-FS) from VFlite that is great for the GNS 430/530 products.Bruce.

>You are my hero. Thanks a ton bro. :-hah>>But even now I can't figure out which links to follow to get>to that page LOL :-lol>>Cheers, :-beerchug>Etienne :-waveRight there --> http://www8.garmin.com/include/SimulatorPopup.htmllinks look like these below -------------------------Download 430 Simulator (104 MB .EXE) Download 530 Simulator (107 MB .EXE)

Unfortunately, I am losing hope of seeing RXP gauges in FSX anytime soon.But....who knows...?

>I hope that we get the Reality XP GNS products into FSX>sometime, I love adding that to one of my GA aircraft, and>find it graet practice for the real thing.>>I also have an add-on program (non-FS) from VFlite that is>great for the GNS 430/530 products.>>Bruce.>>I have the Glasair III in my virtual hanger, and it has a pair of complex Garmin 430's which require you to manually add in waypoints etc. To be honest I dont remember if it utilizes the Reality XP GNS or not, but its complex enough to confuse me as all I have figured out to do with it is , put in my flight plan :-hmmmAnyways it may be something worth looking into , and its not a bad little plane to boot:)http://www.aussim.com.au/glasair/Chris,

Thanks Chris, I might try this, look interesting, especially from your comments.Bruce.

>links look like these below ------------------------->Download 430 Simulator (104 MB .EXE) >Download 530 Simulator (107 MB .EXE)LOL thanks dude - I surely DID find these files on that page - wasn't too hard...! :-lolWhat I meant is, starting from Garmin's home page I still could not find a way TO that page you mentioned. Can't find out how YOU found that page. Not that it is important in any way, since I have the direct download links. I was just curious how you found it. *:-* Sorry for the confusion! :-hahCheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave