Sign in to follow this  
LouP

Starter

Anyone know what the command is to engage the starter motor (not autostart)

Thanks, LouP

50 minutes ago, LouP said:

Anyone know what the command is to engage the starter motor (not autostart)

Thanks, LouP

Not sure what you are asking. I see there is a Toggle Master Ignition Switch command, ALT + I.

And if you type starter in the Control Options search box you get the below, but there are no default bindings assigned.  And what you are looking for may be aircraft specific.

Al

spacer.png

Edited by ark

51 minutes ago, ark said:

Not sure what you are asking. I see there is a Toggle Master Ignition Switch command, ALT + I.

And if you type starter in the Control Options search box you get the below, but there are no default bindings assigned.  And what you are looking for may be aircraft specific.

Al

spacer.png

Thanks but I tried every one of those and none of them turned the starter motor over for me.  I have a button on my collective and I am trying to bind the starter motor to it so I can start up the G2 by hand.  Don't want autostart or anything to do with ignition or magnetos, just to run the starter motor.  FSX, P3D, and FSUIPC all had the command to do this and it has disappeared for some reason.

Let me know if any of these have worked for you and I will try again but I will be surprised if they work on the second try but who knows

LouP

3 hours ago, LouP said:

Thanks but I tried every one of those and none of them turned the starter motor over for me.

Where in the G2 do you click to activate the starter, and what else has to already be on, besides the battery, for the starter to engage? I think there may be some custom code involved with the starter, but I can't even find the starter "switch" in the G2 cockpit.

Al

Edited by ark

12 hours ago, LouP said:

Let me know if any of these have worked for you and I will try again but I will be surprised if they work on the second try but who knows

LouP

I had it working once but after loosing the profile I can't find the right binding again for the life of me! 

11 hours ago, ark said:

Where in the G2 do you click to activate the starter, and what else has to already be on, besides the battery, for the starter to engage? I think there may be some custom code involved with the starter, but I can't even find the starter "switch" in the G2 cockpit.

Al

To see the starter button (and the governor switch) you have to click on the view icon at the proper line of the checklist. Then you can switch it on with the mouse

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

If you're using Spad or FSUIPC can't you monitor what happens when you push that button. I know for sure you can in Spad.

Edited by Phantoms
as always, spelling

James

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

If you're using Spad or FSUIPC can't you monitor what happens when you push that button. I know for sure you can in Spad.

That's exactly what I want to do, but first I need to find the button!!  😉

Al

2 hours ago, ark said:

That's exactly what I want to do, but first I need to find the button!!  😉

Al

From post up above yours

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

To see the starter button (and the governor switch) you have to click on the view icon at the proper line of the checklist. Then you can switch it on with the mouse

James

3 hours ago, Phantoms said:

From post up above yours

Yep, saw that.

Al

Toggle Starter 1, and also Set Throttle 1, works for me in that the rotor blades start moving when the clutch is engaged. But the engine does not seem to start, and the Starter button does not animate (move).

I know nothing about helos, so that's the best I can tell you.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ark said:

Toggle Starter 1, and also Set Throttle 1, works for me in that the rotor blades start moving when the clutch is engaged.

The above should say Toggle Starter 1, and also Set Starter 1, works........

Al

Edited by ark

I've just started the Cabri with the 21 button of my Warthog HOTAS Throttle on TOGGLE STARTER 1 and following carefully the checklist.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam