Sign in to follow this  
UrgentSiesta

P3Ds future: I prefer facts - the more, the merrier!

18 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I see the discussion in almost every thread about a new sim version and backward compat for add ons. Yea I get it that we all hate to start spending money again. When you think about it the money we spend on scenery and airplanes is pretty cheap compared to other hobbies and interest. Real Life flying comes to mind, golf, fishing boat and expenses, sailboats, race cars, ham radio just to name a few that come to mind. I live in a area that has Hurricanes and have had to restart with a lot of hobbies over the years and thrust me they are not completely paid for by the insurance companies. 

I think your definition of Hobbies is a bit over the top for most people. I think of things like collecting, but not exotic cars!. Cooking. Things on a par with buying a new airport 3 or 4 times a year.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

38 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I think your definition of Hobbies is a bit over the top for most people. I think of things like collecting, but not exotic cars!. Cooking. Things on a par with buying a new airport 3 or 4 times a year.

Yeah I get your point. But on the other hand if one is looking to have a Home Flight simulator then you do have to expect some amount of expense. At most cases a new airport is less expensive than say taking a family out to a movie or a nice dinner. Perhaps that’s a better comparison

To be clear, don’t get me wrong I’m not a rich guy either. But I do recognize the things that are fun pretty or go fast are going to cost extra money.

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

'But I do recognize the things that are fun pretty or go fast are going to cost extra money.'

I was going to add a comment but this is a family page, after all.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.