Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Scenery for XP-12

Browsing through the store, some scenery says XP11 and XP12 (when available). I am interested in Fly Tampa Las Vegas. No mention of compatibility with XP12. Will this work correctly with XP12?

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

5 hours ago, Doering said:

Browsing through the store, some scenery says XP11 and XP12 (when available). I am interested in Fly Tampa Las Vegas. No mention of compatibility with XP12. Will this work correctly with XP12?

Like most v11 scenery I’ve tried, it seems to work fine for me. 

I just bought it, though, and have only cruised by and done some touch n goes. 

anything specific you want to know? I can load it up and see. 

i wouldn't get any scenery yet until XP12 has been fully optimised. here's flytampa EHAM for example

spacer.png

Scenery I believe, need mostly optimisation for weather and season, meaning trees and surfaces. Most standing out, of course, are summer trees in winter. If you can live with that, I have found that most airport scenery for xp11 works just fine in xp12.

some scenery use their own mesh and this can cause problems. (Frank Dainese mountain scenery has been updated for xp12 for example).

Okay, thanks guys! Once again, AVSim is better and faster than many specific support forums!

Buying mesh simply refines the elevation maps, textures remain the same?

Free ortho gives you photo real textures plus elevation?

@UKflyer Looking good!

@UrgentSiesta How does Las Vegas and the airport look at night?

@soaring_penguin Alps package looks quite nice and easy installation! Just checking out included airports (runway length).

Edited by Doering

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

On 1/3/2023 at 4:29 AM, Doering said:

@UrgentSiesta How does Las Vegas and the airport look at night?

Ironically, I'm having trouble getting it installed for pics!!

The scenery around the airport (The Strip, etc.) looks great, and looks good at night. However, the airport terminal buildings are simply...missing!

Haven't had the time to really dig in and figure it out beyond double checking scenery loading order...

On 1/3/2023 at 2:29 PM, Doering said:

Free ortho gives you photo real textures plus elevation?

Ortho4xp downloads the textures and mesh - you get to choose the quality of both.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Laurie,

I did finally dig around in the logs and such, and the errors are showing that SAM (scenery animation manager) is the culprit causing the terminal bldgs not to be rendered.

I updated to the latest version & reinstalled, but still getting no buildings...

In re this scenery in XP, I believe I was confusing it with the same in MSFS in terms of working properly (I have it in both sims).

I'm pretty motivated to get it working in XP, so if I figure it out, I'll let you know here.